Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of sand strainer are you running and why. Experianced only please just want to cut the bullshit been trying to get a serious answer and no one wants to give it up. Thank you

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
What kind of sand strainer are you running and why. Experianced only please just want to cut the bullshit been trying to get a serious answer and no one wants to give it up. Thank you
I have been running a water to air cooler for quite a few yrs now and dont run a strainer. Have it out of the boat and backwashed it a couple days ago and didnt get anything out of it, and it had full flow.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I don't run a strainer either, pump to ballvalve then into cooler, outta cooler to motor. It gets flushed yearly and gets pickled in coolant for the off season to keep it from mineral corrosion.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Not wanting to hijack this but has anybody ran a transom pick-up just for the IC ?
It's not a bad idea , I personally like to keep it as cool as possible for racing. Need it cold at idle so it absorbs well during the pass. My datalogs show intake charge temps only rising 20* from idle to letting outta the throttle on 24lbs boost, say 700ft pass. Starts around lake water temp and ends up at ambient air temp basically. Also keeps some heat in the motor since water leaves cooler then goes into block.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
another concern I had was the water pressure from the jet pump going thru the IC, do you regulate it ?
Nope, i run a 8an line from pump to transom(cuts volume down), inside boat I have a gate valve , from there on it's 10an going into cooler, outta cooler then splits into 8's going into each side of block, 8's outta block and merging back to a 10an overboard hose. I have to slow flow down to keep engine temp above 160*, where my efi is happy. Did the last boat same way

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Take the dump line from the pressure regulator and run it to the intercooler, did this on my last blower motor and worked great. No water at idle and when you accelerate the regulator dumps out the extra water into your cooler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts