Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
lol, right.....
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling a Ford 10 qt. rear sump marine oil pan, with matching pick-up. I was running it on a truck engine for a short while, so its used, but in great condition. Pick-up is the flat, bolt on style, not the Cobra Jet style... I haven't located the dipstick & tube that goes in it but I'll try & find it, if someone is interested. I was told I could just plug the hole & use the dipstick in the front of the engine, but ended up having to get another pan as this one was too deep for my boat. Looking to get $250.00, but will entertain reasonable offers... Last pic shows the measurements.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,139 Posts
Selling a Ford 10 qt. rear sump marine oil pan, with matching pick-up. I was running it on a truck engine for a short while, so its used, but in great condition. Looking to get $250.00...

This is not a Ford marine pan. It is a production Ford Motor Company 8-qt oil pan for an F700 commercial dump truck (seriously) and came on Ford 370 and 429 commercial dump truck engines.

If you were closer I'd give you $75 for the pan & pickup (for test running engines on a test stand)....but the shipping costs from TX to CA will probably put the price od the pan out further than I am willing to pay.

Paul

·
lol, right.....
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
*ouch* lol

Seriously, I wasn't trying to misrepresent this thing, that is how it was described to me back when I got ahold of it several years ago. The company is still selling the pan kits for $400+. Looking at their website, they are not calling it a marine pan anymore, but they're still advertising it as 10 qts.
Pan Kit

Thanks for jumping in with the info, though.... Guess I will pitch it to the 4x4 crowd. :p

And I realize that this is a late edit, but regardless of what you would pay or do with it, I've been told it will work fine in a jet boat if theres enough room in the bilge. Won't be any worse than any of the multitude of 5 qt. front sump automotive pans that are out there now. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.