Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ROTATING ASSEMBLY IS SOLD

Custom Ford 460 stroker kit, 499.497 cubic inches, prepared as follows:

• OEM 2Y Series 460 crankshaft accurately indexed and offset stroked to 4.125" (~$350)
  • Crower billet I-beam 6.800" Ford rods with 2.200"/0.990" ends (~$1600+)
  • Wiseco pistons for A460 heads with very small [0.050"] dome (~$750)
This rotating assembly was in a "shopping center monster truck" that was built purely for advertising of the touring Monster Truck Show. It was not raced, the only reason this truck was ever started was when it was trailered to a shopping center when the monster truck show came into town, and would be parked in the shopping center parking lot and started up so that a crowd would gather and they'd pass out coupons to the show that weekend. And that's it. It is a personal rotating assembly of mine that I set aside for my own use but with all that is going on over here it just sits around.

The pictures show the parts as bagged and wrapped up. Although it has been "run" technically speaking, this kit is essentially as sound as new and is both stronger and superior to the typical offshore stroker kits on the market today, and is being offered for less they they cost. It would cost about $2700 to duplicate this particular rotating assembly today.

Sell $1100

Any questions about the kit specifics, just ask. You may also call or PM if interested.

Paul

ROTATING ASSEMBLY IS SOLD

310-435-1900

Attachments

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

LO

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will consider separating. :shock:

·
Just Me
4,095 Posts
Not really a blue oval guy, but will this fit a 390 block? If so, what would I wind up with and what would be some reasonable numbers.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not really a blue oval guy, but will this fit a 390 block? If so, what would I wind up with and what would be some reasonable numbers.
The 4.39" Bore and 4.125" stroke would displace 499 cubic inches.

This rotating assembly will not fit into a Ford 390 FE cylinder block. The 390s are from the FE Series engine platforms while the 460s are from the 385 Series engine platforms. Nothing is interchangeable between the two and so a 429/460 block is required for this assembly. Got plenty of blocks over here, too, if you choose to go this route.

As far as power numbers that it could sustain, 800 hp NA is not unreasonable and the reliablilty would be very good and maintenance would be typical. I'd say the rods and pistons by themselves are suitable to well over 1000 hp. North of 1000 hp with a good tune is technically doable with the entire kit and by experienced and knowledgeable 460 guys but lower-end maintenance will become a continuous program while reliability becomes an odds game due to the cast crankshaft (although people have run such engine programs with success many times). So I'm comfortable putting it up for sale to the general public as 800 hp capable. All these power numbers are not garantees, of course.

LO

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last and final

If there are no takers I'll shove it in a block and maybe top it off with a pair of heads.

LO

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last and final

If there are no takers I'll shove it in a block and maybe top it off with a pair of heads.

LO
That makes it interesting. What block, cam, heads and intake?
Whichever you want, as far as blocks go. Any passenger car block should be fine. Possible head options for this particular setup include TFS A-heads, B-heads, or even a set of OEM ported D3VE's is an option for a mild 500-inch stroker. Call for details if interested.

hmmm would be great in my spectra:bananadance:
Ooooh, Dan, that gets my wheels turning! A naturally aspirated, stock appearing, turn-key reliable 550 hp sleeper engine for wifey....that's also fast when the loud pedal is mashed. :)grn

LO

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
you helped make this ol 460 i have run liked a raped ape for a good stocker in a heavy boat, engine comming out for winter, getting new pump and interior, cash starting to run out so its tough to only buy 1/2 a stroke kit

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are the compression options with those pistons and various heads?
The compression ratios below are approximate; the calculations include a standard gasket and with the pistons 0.005" in the hole:

• With 10-bolt TFS A460 heads: 11.1:1
  • With 18-bolt TFS A460 heads: 11.8:1
  • With 10-bolt TFS B460 heads: 11.1:1
  • With D3VE heads/piston dome milled flat: 10.3:1
you helped make this ol 460 i have run liked a raped ape for a good stocker in a heavy boat, engine comming out for winter, getting new pump and interior, cash starting to run out so its tough to only buy 1/2 a stroke kit
Haha, just musing at the idea of putting it in your boat, Dan. :) Happy to have helped with your build; feel free to call if you have any questions while the engine is out.

I think I might start digging a block out for this assembly. :cool:

LO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.