Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can find a marine starter relay, part number E4JL 11450 AA. The local Ford dealers indicates that they show inventory at the warehouse, but he restricted from ordering this part. This is the 4 post relay with an "s" and "I" terminal.

Thanks in advance.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Can anyone tell me where I can find a marine starter relay, part number E4JL 11450 AA. The local Ford dealers indicates that they show inventory at the warehouse, but he restricted from ordering this part. This is the 4 post relay with an "s" and "I" terminal.

Thanks in advance.
Can you just use a relay from an old F-150 pickup ? Somewhere around an 1980 truck ?

S CP

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
formula insider, where are yo located? I have one that's used but works fine you can have if you're close to so cali inland empire.

·
Registered
854 Posts
You should be able to get one of those at any autoparts store for about $10-15. All the "older" Fords ran those.:)

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
The AUTOMOTIVE version of the Ford V-8 starter relay should be available at any decent auto parts store. The thread starter, however is looking for the MARINE version which would be designed to provide spark suppression. Using the automotive version on a covered engine(if that's what he has) would be quite foolish.

Formula Insider, you might try finding a marine supplier that has, or can get, "Pleasurecraft" parts. Pleasurecraft was a supplier of Ford marine engines, some of which found their way into tournament-type ski boats.

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
NAPA or any quality Auto Parts store can cross reference the number and get your a Marine version. They may not stock it, but they should be able to order it. If it's an open engine then any auto parts store will have tons of car solenoids just grab one and go.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts

Thanks in advance.

The function of this "remote solenoid" on starters that dont have a starter mounted "integral" soleniod is to simply energize the starter motor . This same type remote unit is also used regularly as a "relay" in Jet boat applications in conjuction with starters that have thier own soleniod (delco style) in an effort to "bring" 12V directly to the starter vs running all the way to the ignition switch and back (voltage drop) Most are Bakelite/sealed and are readily available at O'rieliys etc There are some variations in how they "ground" but something from a OE Ford application from the mid 70's should work for ya Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts