Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a buddy on a Mustang project, swapping in a big block for the little one. He's picked up a block to build but we are a little unsure about what we have. Does anybody have some internet sites handy for decoding the casting numbers to see what we have to work with? The sticky here about 460 fords was useful regarding the heads but we're still in the dark about the motor and intake manifold. He basically bought a basket case to rebuild so who knows what we really have.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow,
That was fast. I tried googling but with a different word string. Sure is humbling to realize that sometimes I'm not even googling right.:)sphss The sites that came up on your search look like they will do the job. Thanks guys!

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
...swapping in a big block for the little one. He's picked up a block to build but we are a little unsure about what we have. Does anybody have some internet sites handy for decoding the casting numbers to see what we have to work with?
Wally,

Give me a call directly and I'll be able to tell you every nitty-gritty detail about your acquired engine and also recommend parts and mods based on your intended application and goals, all in less than 10 minutes.

Paul
310-435-1900

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Wally,

Give me a call directly and I'll be able to tell you every nitty-gritty detail about your acquired engine and also recommend parts and mods based on your intended application and goals, all in less than 10 minutes.

Paul
310-435-1900
I don't know Lakes personally, but, from the years I've seen him on here Wally, that'd be a good phone call to make. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I love this place. I lurk mostly, I have a stock motor in a slow boat that is not designed for speed. That being said it still has a motor and when questions come up this is the spot with the comprehensive knowledge base!

Paul, thanks for the invite for the call, I'll take you up on that it is greatly appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts