Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
u can use a modified chevy one. can you put a chevy part on your boat?:D its blue thunder all over again.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
So I am told the Ford t-stat housing is discontinued. What are you to use if you want a t-stat ?
You install a bypass pressure regulator on the pump inlet. Then you take a t-stat and drill two 3/16" holes in the t-stat flange.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
We "Plate" the "T stat" opening (9 bucks) from us Glenwood etc then use the Two large pipe threaded holes at the front of the intake on Ford and aft mkt intakes Tom

·
Jet boat service
126 Posts
You are correct. The Ford t Stat housings are no longer available. You can't do the thermostat / pressure relief trick with out the housing. I am working on a piece right now that will solve the problem, have to write a CNC program for the prototype. My son is going to do that for me. We discussed this just last week. I'll keep you posted. Jim :)bulb

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
We are casting the Ford Divider Tee outlets right now (old L&L tooling reworked). (If that's what you're referring to). Should be ready to sell in approx 30 days.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My boat has been running for thirty years now with no t-stat just the old gate valve set up with no major issues (knock wood) should I really worry about something like this now?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
You mean like this one? Looks like I have the only "NEW" one left in existance. How about $750.00 :D

OK,OK how about $35.00 plus the ride.;)

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
My boat has been running for thirty years now with no t-stat just the old gate valve set up with no major issues (knock wood) should I really worry about something like this now?
No.

I have run the same setup, the same 30 years, without issue.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
That's the one I'm after, 30 days away ?
Yes approx.

Unfortunately some of the tooling was damaged before I got ahold of it, wooden gates broken on plate etc. But that is being fixed. Once I get the castings machining them will not take long.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
From the announcement it looks like they are NOT compatible with thermostats. Mike, can they be modified to be used with them?

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Mike,
Will they fit a 460 Ford? Aviable when?
Yes and available now.

From the announcement it looks like they are NOT compatible with thermostats. Mike, can they be modified to be used with them?
I could be done but there is no bypass built in for the exhaust circulation when the thermo would be closed. So I don't advise it.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Thank you, Rexone. :cool:

LO

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts