Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my TX19. This is me right now----> :D

Does anyone here have a pic of it from when it raced? Ever seen it/know anything about it?

I think it's a former ski race boat. It has large side gast tanks, guessing at least 15 gallons. The steering colum was mounted about 8" off the center of the keel line. I haven't weighed it (yet) but I was told it was 350 lbs. It does seem to flex similar to a friend of mines PB Gullwing which is also supposed to weigh 350 LBS.. On the transom it used to have the following written on it:
Mr.Dick Martin / San Diego Coin Exchange
Golden Getaway Corp. and the whole gang
Mr. Jim Youngblood / Dominator Jet Co.
Super Jet Engineering / Mariner Trailer Co.
Unique Metal Co. / Equality Plating
Schneider Racing Cams / S & S Headers

Any info you guys have on this boat or anything you see in the pictures is appreciated! :)devil

Attachments

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I just picked up my TX19. This is me right now----> :D

Does anyone here have a pic of it from when it raced? Ever seen it/know anything about it?

I think it's a former ski race boat. It has large side gast tanks, guessing at least 15 gallons. The steering colum was mounted about 8" off the center of the keel line. I haven't weighed it (yet) but I was told it was 350 lbs. It does seem to flex similar to a friend of mines PB Gullwing which is also supposed to weigh 350 LBS.. On the transom it used to have the following written on it:
Mr.Dick Martin / San Diego Coin Exchange
Golden Getaway Corp. and the whole gang
Mr. Jim Youngblood / Dominator Jet Co.
Super Jet Engineering / Mariner Trailer Co.
Unique Metal Co. / Equality Plating
Schneider Racing Cams / S & S Headers

Any info you guys have on this boat or anything you see in the pictures is appreciated! :)devil

looks like it had a lenco driveline on it. i dont think you'd want to run circles (ski race) with that type of driveline. looks like dragboat type stuff.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Things look to have turned around. From losing te house and living in the streets selling your boats to buying a few different boats. I am glad things turned around. Looks like a nice pull.

Cy

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Things look to have turned around. From losing te house and living in the streets selling your boats to buying a few different boats. I am glad things turned around. Looks like a nice pull.

Cy
cy i think you need to be working on the customers orders instead of messing around on the boards..sorry for the jack, looks good hot rod..:D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
cy i think you need to be working on the customers orders instead of messing around on the boards..sorry for the jack, looks good hot rod..:D

I did. You got yours. I have a couple proof that just went out as well.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Cy
Funny thing about foreclosure is that sooner or later you stop making the $3,170 a month mortgage payment. It adds up quick!!! BTW, I haven't lived in the streets (yet), my family and I are still in my house for another 4 months or so.

Someone has to of seen this boat on the water before...

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
I did. You got yours. I have a couple proof that just went out as well.
ok let you slide this time, carry on....mine are still sitting on the table. do you think if i just carry them in the boat, the leos would be ok with that, i dont want to stick them on, you know the ocd thing..or ar ???

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
I agree about it being a drag boat...350# is pretty light...too light for something to be used as an endurance race boat (ski race) and ditto on the Lenco driveline. Somewhere in the rules it says a steering column needs to be a minimum distance from the center for certain classes where center steer isn't allowed.
Nice score.:)devil

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Steelcomp.

Congrats on the new ride.:)devil Have fun, I love mine. I got mine a couple years ago and this is still me-----:D
I've been asking around and all I've heard is good things about these boats which is the biggest reason why I bought it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Shit you shoulda bought mine. Same price just less motor. If it's a youngblood I don't think they made any TX19's lighter than 450#'s

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Shit you shoulda bought mine. Same price just less motor. If it's a youngblood I don't think they made any TX19's lighter than 450#'s
Yours went up for sale after I bought mine. Yours has a narrower interior which doesn't fit into my plans. Yours is a nice boat with a ton of potential and at a great price. Good luck with the sale. My hull will get weighed (bare) and then we'll all know how much it weighs.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I could be wrong on the weight but who know's. It's a good look'n hull good luck with it. It might be sold I'm waiting for that check in the mail lol....

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
if the serial# starts with jbn then it is a true youngblood hull.other wise not.

yes jimmy youngblood laid up 350lb hulls for race only boats on request.not to many of them made.most were lake boats 450-500lbs hulls.

congrats on the gullwing:)handtravis

you can get alot of info on youngblood hulls on youngbloods website.

steven smith, jac and scott seastrum wrote alot of info on them as jac sea worked with and around jim youngblood when the very first gullwing was made and tested here on the arkansas river.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts