Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad found his old crew shirt when he was with tim morgan. its in great shape still thought id share pics. from what dad says the yellow shirts were only givin to crew. i also found the jacket when tim transitioned to cars. pops has 2, they look brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Man those bring back memory's

Cool stuff

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Damn , that is some cool chit. Think I'll go back and find my HB thread....may be of interest?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes they are going into frames for my office. i also have one of the last ted faggart shirts still new going to be framed. i wore out my climax sanger shirt and they are not made anymore. i do have 1 spare jacket, but it may be accounted for to bandit. (if dad ok's it). thought id share. ill post some old pics i have. my father owned the old challenger enterprises ufh. when he went to work for morgan he slowed it to super comp boat. I think i have the only pic of it as a super comp hydro. i also have morgans photo as tfh. its one of his last races givin to all prior to going to cars. for sheeets ill post it to tommarrow.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good lord heyyyy morg thats my old man in the pics with tim.. can i get a copy sent to me........thats awsome

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone know where one of the flying machines went to . i got some coin in the piggie . if wife hasent killed me yet shes not going to .

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
good lord heyyyy morg thats my old man in the pics with tim.. can i get a copy sent to me........thats awsome

Actually don't remember where I got this pic from. Pretty sure I found it on the internet.

Copy it to a memory card & go get one printed up:)grn:)grn

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
anyone know where one of the flying machines went to . i got some coin in the piggie . if wife hasent killed me yet shes not going to .
The "Jelly Belly" boats that Tim drove/owned/crashed was repaired at Mike's Marine in Dixon by Greg Gilday/James Brendell afew years ago...It was sold shortly after it's repair...

·
Starfire Member
383 Posts
I also have the top t-shirt which I picked up at the NDBA Nationals at Firebird in '81 (I think). I wore it twice.
Mine is bright yellow

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The guy who owns it now contacted me a while ago. I will see if I can find his number.

This is the all white Kevlar capsule boat that was crashed in Phnx. in 04 or 05

Is this the boat you are looking for or one of the original Kurtis or Sanger's??

It is supposed to be all ready to go & He is selling the boat.

·
Registered
614 Posts

Actually don't remember where I got this pic from. Pretty sure I found it on the internet.

Copy it to a memory card & go get one printed up:)grn:)grn
I took that picture in 1981 (?) in Chowchilla. I'll put it in my photos and you can download it from there. I'll also add the other "Flying Machine" photos I have.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
John.. As I remember, it was converted back to an open boat...Is it a capsule boat again?

Mike, you may know more about this deal than me....

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used to go to their shop in walnut creek and just hang out looking around
at stuff...... most of the guys in there were always nice and willing to answer
questions about building motors and stuff....

--Good memories.....

--Sherpa

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
im looking for one of the old sangers, however i wont say no to the kurtis hulls he had. do you know where the sanger(s) are? the days when he had sangers were the best. was of when tim used kurtis for top fuel but when he tried to come back in the white elephant that was a total flop. I have a ton of flying machine stuff and id love to locate the old sanger and restore it but i got to find one of them

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
im looking for one of the old sangers, however i wont say no to the kurtis hulls he had. do you know where the sanger(s) are? the days when he had sangers were the best. was of when tim used kurtis for top fuel but when he tried to come back in the white elephant that was a total flop. I have a ton of flying machine stuff and id love to locate the old sanger and restore it but i got to find one of them
Pretty sure there were two alky Sangers & one fuel sanger. Then one fuel kurtis. Also pretty sure they are pretty much gone.

There was a time in the late 80's where you would hear about them. But not since them.

I do remember a boat that the guy claimed was one of Tim's. It had been repainted to look like a bomber on the front end. Sheet metal that tore off down the side.

Unfortunately they are probably gone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts