Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
000-OnRe!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cruising through CL (Albuquerque) and found my 1986 Advantage for sale, made a deal with the guy and met him in Williams and brought it back home where it belongs!
Boat is actually in pretty good condition for a 30 year old boat, I bought it brand new in 1986 and sold it in 2007 to buy a family boat(Cole Superhawk). It was great to see
my son driving it around, sold it when he was 15 now 23. This boat used to be pretty stout with a 13:1 468 in it! Stay tuned, after the kids get better at driving, we will be
putting some inches between the stringers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Congrats on gettin her back, that's one sweet lookin Advantage there bud. they are such fun squirt guns to play with. sure miss mine. Does your have an adj. shoe and ride plate set up currently?

·
000-OnRe!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on gettin her back, that's one sweet lookin Advantage there bud. they are such fun squirt guns to play with. sure miss mine. Does your have an adj. shoe and ride plate set up currently?
Yes, when I bought it I ordered it with shoe and ride plate and droop snoot, later I put a place diverter on it

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's a 87'. I have to say I think I like your color scheme a little more than mine. What are you putting in it for a motor?

·
000-OnRe!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's a 87'. I have to say I think I like your color scheme a little more than mine. What are you putting in it for a motor?
we will be putting a 540 in it, I will give my kids next summer to get familiar with it, then I will sell this CP and put the $ into this one

Attachments

·
000-OnRe!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fast forward 1 year

1 year to the date from last post, Memorial day the motor gave up, brought it home and started tearing it apart, removed interior,motor,pump

Attachments

·
000-OnRe!
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
more

dropped the boat off at B-1 racing, rebuilding pump,adding inducer,stainless shaft and impellor,double drill bowl,removing manual place diverter and going hydraulic,
,removed suction piece and re-machined and re-installed, had some oil impreganated wood that had to be removed

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts