SCO 12.24.070 Water-skiing in restricted areas, posted

SCO 12.24.090 5 MPH Zones
Within 100' of shore or moored vessel
Within 200' of launch ramp, boat dock or moorage area
Any posted 5 MPH zone

SCO 12.24.110
Racing prohibited

SCO 12.24.120 Nighttime speed limit 15 MPH 30 minutes after sunset

Has anyone gotten a ticket for racing at Shasta? A few years back a Sheriff was watching us race, he came over and inquired about the boats. He seemed interested in our sport. I had no idea this was a violation. A disturbing find!

This find isn't going to stop me from racing out there, but I'll keep an eye out prior to locking on to someone.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I'll keep an eye out prior to locking on to someone

be carefull on who you lock on to. there are some fast boats out there.;)
We race all over Shasta with no issues. Just dont do anything stupid, like flybys next to a skier or some peps swimming or cut anyone off.

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep an eye out prior to locking on to someone

be carefull on who you lock on to. there are some fast boats out there.;)
We race all over Shasta with no issues. Just dont do anything stupid, like flybys next to a skier or some peps swimming or cut anyone off.

You must be talking about Phil's crew:D There a good group to hang out with. Phils boat rips

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
YEP! whats up GREG?:D
Used to be some other boats that were very fast up there too. Now they're all on the delta.;)
Nice,Don!
I read the post earlier and didn't gather the resemblance to the "lost one":)sphss
Oh,and we're splitting threads about 100 or 104 MPH:)sphss...I'd love to be joining you guys on that topic!!!:)devil

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Nice,Don!
I read the post earlier and didn't gather the resemblance to the "lost one":)sphss
Oh,and we're splitting threads about 100 or 104 MPH:)sphss...I'd love to be joining you guys on that topic!!!:)devil
Funny, only certain people would know what we are talking about. For the record it was 103.9. AHH, the good old days when we had money and could afford to go boating all the time.:)sphss

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shasta ?

So Threadhijackers, Did anyone ever get a ticket for racing up there? Pulled over? Harassed? Anything? LMAO

Hey WINspeed first to answer your ? When I first got my v-drive I was wondering the same thing cause I used to spend a lot of time house boating out of Silverthorn. I called the sheriff office and asked some of the same ?'s They said technical YES YOU CAN but said most of the time they don't care if you are in a safe area NO 200 foot,marinas, other passing riders boarders skiers that kind of stuff. They also said if your running zoomies its best not to start it in a marina to tow it out cause they will call LE on you!

Second I used to see that boat on CL all the time did you buy it ? or trying to sell it ? Nice clean boat :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yep thats them, we ran with them for a few years:)devil:)devil
If you see them again (wed night "boys out"?) Do me a favor and say hi for me. My dad was really proud to be a part of "the gang" before he passed away and looked forward to it each week. Maybe you knew him...tom march-had a white/blue/gold 24' daytona

Maybe when weather is better I'll haul my flat up and run with you guys for an afternoon.

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey WINspeed first to answer your ? When I first got my v-drive I was wondering the same thing cause I used to spend a lot of time house boating out of Silverthorn. I called the sheriff office and asked some of the same ?'s They said technical YES YOU CAN but said most of the time they don't care if you are in a safe area NO 200 foot,marinas, other passing riders boarders skiers that kind of stuff. They also said if your running zoomies its best not to start it in a marina to tow it out cause they will call LE on you!

Second I used to see that boat on CL all the time did you buy it ? or trying to sell it ? Nice clean boat :)
Thanks for the info... Thats kind of what I thought was going on.

I actually bought that boat in July, the original owner had it on some sort of auto renew program on CL. It's a pretty nice boat, like most hot rods, they're never finished.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts