Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with any experience with these Class C RV's with garage?
I'm looking at a repo'd clean one. Looks like a fun deal for a summer or 2.

I found a bit of negative press on the brand with the common thread being quality of build, but who knows.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fun deal for a summer or two?? Don't you mean for a weekend or two before you sell it?? ;):D:)
:D

There are several of neighboring states we want to see close up and having a RZR and my dirt bike would be really cool. Plus, I'm sick of throwing away $600 to rent a RV for the Parker 425 every year.

However, the last thing I want is a maintenance headache. 0 tolerence ;)

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
personally i'd never own a motorhome. I'm in the heavy tow industry and tow for alot of motorclubs that handle motorhomes. most coverages suck azz there are 2 that are ok and the worst is AAA rv. what a joke. i cannot begin to tell you how many crappy stranded stories i hear while towing these poor families. if i was retired living in a million dollar diesel pusher by prevost then thats another story, ive got time and money to be towed and repaired with out having to worry about getting to work. 75 percent of towing companys charge alot of money per hr. to tow motorhomes due to the fact that many things can go wrong very fast. motorhomes very fragile. also the longer the motorhome the more expensive and diesel pusher vs front gas engine. i have a 38ft 5th wheel and if my pick up takes a crap i can call 1 of many friends with hitches who can save the day. however i do have one up on most one of the guys i work with would throw his p/u on one of our flat beds, bring me his truck and tow my broke shiz back home to the dealer or where ever. if you can score a repo toybox of some kind and you have the p/u to pull it i recommend going that route for sure. but if your looking to pull a boat and have your desert toys then i could def see the trailer thing being a prob:)sphss. good luck

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
We considered a Funmover when we were looking at motorhomes, the garage area is pretty nice. The only real drawback to those rigs is that you give up so much interior room to have a garage, very small inside.. Also check out the Damon Outlaw..Good luck with your racing.. I've done the Parker race twice, pretty fun course, fast in some parts and rocky the rest.. :)

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
We looked at quite a of the Super C motorhomes before purchasing our Jayco Seneca HD on the Kodiak chasis.....we've had the motorhome 3 years and love it. Far fewer issues than we have ever had before with Toyhauler trailers and Jayco has been great to work with on the few minor issues we did have.

As far as the Fun Mover...what sticks out in my mind since we were looking and what I still see when looking at newer ones was the build quaility be low. If you want a garage type motorhome I'd check out the Jayco Seneca ZX...

http://www.jayco.com/php/products/motorhomes/trailer.php?id=181

I will say that our motorhome doesn't ride as nice an a Class A moho on air bags but tows like a champ, the interior is great, and the quality is great.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Chris

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Heres one with a 18' garage, Had this one built two years ago for off road racing, now I just put the rhino in it. may down size asking 75k

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
If I hadnt read the post on Cobra boats I wouldnt have understood the "they dont advertise here so you cant talk about it" post. Very funny!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts