Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I live in Southern Cal and LA doesn't have a football team I got that. But please tell me way Fox Los Angeles last week doesn't show the 49er's vs. Rams and instead shows the Cowgirls vs the Broncos? Now this week 49er's vs Falcons aren't on because they're going to show the Cowgirls vs the Lowly Chiefs??????? Are you kidding me:|err Why are they shoving the Cowgirls down our throat because the Cowgirls aren't all that and they might be Americas team uh......... South America maybe....

Show us a California team not some over rated team from Texas......

And no I'm not getting Direct TV because they suck worse than the Cowgirls

Rant over....

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
OK I live in Southern Cal and LA doesn't have a football team I got that. But please tell me way Fox Los Angeles last week doesn't show the 49er's vs. Rams and instead shows the Cowgirls vs the Broncos? Now this week 49er's vs Falcons aren't on because they're going to show the Cowgirls vs the Lowly Chiefs??????? Are you kidding me:|err Why are they shoving the Cowgirls down our throat because the Cowgirls aren't all that and they might be Americas team uh......... South America maybe....

Show us a California team not some over rated team from Texas......

BF
And thats the reason the call them "Americas team", why I dont know but they cover the heck out of them.
The TV schedules are made up way in advance aren't they? They were supposed to be a good team this year, sort of like the Chargers (choke, cough, puke) but neither look all that good so far.:( NSF

·
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BF
And thats the reason the call them "Americas team", why I dont know but they cover the heck out of them.
The TV schedules are made up way in advance aren't they? They were supposed to be a good team this year, sort of like the Chargers (choke, cough, puke) but neither look all that good so far.:( NSF
Who they play is made up way in advance but TV is based on regional markets. Since LA doesn't have a team they go after ratings. So in places that have a team they will show the home team (if sold out in time and no black out) and it it's their double header weekend they'll show you another game for ratings....

So they can change in our area if they think the game would be a dud! I have no interest in watching Dallas and KC.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
who they play is made up way in advance but tv is based on regional markets. Since la doesn't have a team they go after ratings. So in places that have a team they will show the home team (if sold out in time and no black out) and it it's their double header weekend they'll show you another game for ratings....

So they can change in our area if they think the game would be a dud! I have no interest in watching dallas and kc.
ditto!!!!!!!!!! Nsf

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Here's a funny tid-bit. Well, I think it's funny anyway.

I just switched from digital HD cable to HD DirecTV. When I signed up with Direc, they new purchase dealio was all of the sports stuff they carry. I mean everything. Hockey, fights, baseball, football, Season Ticket, whatever. Well, I watch ZERO sports. I have many better things to do than sit around watching guys and gals get excessively overpaid just to run around and break their own bones. So, it is kinda comically ironic that I end up with all of these sports channels. All of my friends are just hysterical over it.

So, it cracks me up even more to see someone complaining about not being able to tune in a game they are wanting to watch. If I could GIVE these channels to someone, I would gladly do it. For now, I just did a customized guide to remove all of those and just leave the movie channels and all the other good stuff. Only a few months more and all of that junk drops off anyway.

The other funny part is; my wife is second-in-command at one of our local TV stations. They have two stations in one building; CBS and FOX. So, just like this thread-rant, she gets the "WTF call" occasionally from our friends that are 49ers fans. Especially now, since they are FINALLY winning from time to time. THAT MUCH, I do know :).

I never understood wasting the whole amount of time to watch a game - all of the good plays and highlights are on the news right afterward! You can see the whole game in 5 minutes, so what's the big deal? :D

·
New here
4,219 Posts

:( NSF
Wow, that surprises me. I have had DishNetwork, and was happy with them. Then, they dropped our local CBS and FOX channels due to a battle over what they should pay to have the feed. Since the wife works at CBS and FOX, we dropped DN right quick. Let's just say it was in my best interest.:|err

So, I go back to digital cable. CRAP! The Scientific/Atlanta boxes are not close to worthy. 160gig hard drive? For HD??? You've got to be kidding. 25hrs of HD is all it would handle. Plus, their HD quality is almost exactly the same as Direc's SD! I could almost just stick with their SD and not pay for the HD. Well, that would be a little overkill, but you get my meaning. Huge hard drives (well, more than I need anyway), internet connection for downloading movies and such. Wonderful equipment AND service quality.

When I watch my 36" Sony XBR glass TV or my 50" Panasonic plasma, I want to see quality signals - period. So far, of all three, Direc wins - no contest.

So, out of the three, I see no other option than Direc

·
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a funny tid-bit. Well, I think it's funny anyway.

I just switched from digital HD cable to HD DirecTV. When I signed up with Direc, they new purchase dealio was all of the sports stuff they carry. I mean everything. Hockey, fights, baseball, football, Season Ticket, whatever. Well, I watch ZERO sports. I have many better things to do than sit around watching guys and gals get excessively overpaid just to run around and break their own bones. So, it is kinda comically ironic that I end up with all of these sports channels. All of my friends are just hysterical over it.

So, it cracks me up even more to see someone complaining about not being able to tune in a game they are wanting to watch. If I could GIVE these channels to someone, I would gladly do it. For now, I just did a customized guide to remove all of those and just leave the movie channels and all the other good stuff. Only a few months more and all of that junk drops off anyway.

The other funny part is; my wife is second-in-command at one of our local TV stations. They have two stations in one building; CBS and FOX. So, just like this thread-rant, she gets the "WTF call" occasionally from our friends that are 49ers fans. Especially now, since they are FINALLY winning from time to time. THAT MUCH, I do know :).

I never understood wasting the whole amount of time to watch a game - all of the good plays and highlights are on the news right afterward! You can see the whole game in 5 minutes, so what's the big deal? :D

I agree some games are boring from time to time but then there are some classics that highlights don't do justice. I'm not a sports DVR fan though. It's either live or it's not.

I have had Adelphia/Time Warner Cable, Dish and Direct and now Fios..... By far Fios is the best and pricing is good...

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Things to set straight;
I have DirecTv and love it (some glitches but compared to NPG, please);)
If I had Beer 30's stable of muscle cars I could understand being too busy to watch sports, well maybe. I will watch the Chargers over anything, even in losing, just the way it is.:D
As for overpaid athletes, no doubt, has ruined the face of sports but look at actors, Charlie Sheen $875,000 an episode, are you kidding me. Even the lowly quasi famous people of "The Hills" ( my wife buys all those magazines) for example, I just read that whats his name, Spencer Pratt, makes $75K an episode and Lorne Conrad gets like $150K, no wonder Hollywood is out of touch huh.
To get back to the thread though I agree, sometimes the matchups make you wonder, good teams develope as the year progresses and thats what people want to see, good teams and good matchups, ie. Denver vs Patriots today. Go Bolts!! NSF

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Things to set straight;
I have DirecTv and love it (some glitches but compared to NPG, please);)
If I had Beer 30's stable of muscle cars I could understand being too busy to watch sports, well maybe. I will watch the Chargers over anything, even in losing, just the way it is.:D
As for overpaid athletes, no doubt, has ruined the face of sports but look at actors, Charlie Sheen $875,000 an episode, are you kidding me. Even the lowly quasi famous people of "The Hills" ( my wife buys all those magazines) for example, I just read that whats his name, Spencer Pratt, makes $75K an episode and Lorne Conrad gets like $150K, no wonder Hollywood is out of touch huh.
To get back to the thread though I agree, sometimes the matchups make you wonder, good teams develope as the year progresses and thats what people want to see, good teams and good matchups, ie. Denver vs Patriots today. Go Bolts!! NSF
Good points, Bobby. And, absolutely right - Hollywood is no different/better. I really don't condemn anyone for watching what they want to watch. Whether I understand it or not has no bearing about what you like to watch. This was more of a vent, I guess, as I am fed up with a few of my friends (boating friends, no less) that allow all sorts of sports to REGULATE their schedule - when it affects MY schedule also. If we are all out in the boat, deep on Havasu, and all of a sudden it has to be a mad dash back to the trailer as they want to be in front of the TV to watch something. NONE of which is anything to do with any of you guys here. It happened again the other weekend when we were all at a function having a good time and a few of them were making the whole scene miserable because they weren't watching whatever game they were RECORDING at home.:)sphss

Like you said, Bobby, I have my hobby that is never done. There is always something that needs fixing or adjusting. I just don't let it regulate my time with friends is all I guess I am getting at. And, I don't call someone's wife because they have some sort of control over a part or parts that I am looking for (comparing to the whole CBS/FOX thing). I get the parts when I get the parts. Sorry for the thread-jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts