Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for years, Bill O'Reilly has been one of the main voices of the "New Conservative movement"......And for years he has outraged people with some of his rhetoric.....And had numerous lawsuits against him, yet Fox never even considered firing him......UNTIL, in February 2017, he stated, on air, that "Putin is a killer!"...Immediately, there were calls from the Russians to have him fired, and demanding an apology......Less than 2 months later, O'Reilly was fired....

I know you guys don't believe me when I say that Fox news is compromised (Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch(An Australian), who is best friends with Vladimir Putin) but will you at least watch what they are telling you? I am not questioning your political opinions, I am just saying, question Fox news.....

·
Registered
443 Posts
So for years, Bill O'Reilly has been one of the main voices of the "New Conservative movement"......And for years he has outraged people with some of his rhetoric.....And had numerous lawsuits against him, yet Fox never even considered firing him......UNTIL, in February 2017, he stated, on air, that "Putin is a killer!"...Immediately, there were calls from the Russians to have him fired, and demanding an apology......Less than 2 months later, O'Reilly was fired....

I know you guys don't believe me when I say that Fox news is compromised (Fox is run by Rupert Murdoch(An Australian), who is best friends with Vladimir Putin) but will you at least watch what they are telling you? I am not questioning your political opinions, I am just saying, question Fox news.....
they are ALL slanted...unfortunately because the viewing public has demanded it.. and MSM has just gone along for the ratings.. it seems most people these days only want to hear what supports their agenda, but think THEIR source is perfect. Don’t think Fox is all slanted but CNN is somehow above the fray (or visa versa)..What I find most shameful though is that the ONE profession (journalism) that is supposed to remain impartial has abused the public’s trust to promote unchecked propaganda or worse, just flat out lie... and yet still call it “news”, which the gullible (like Joy Behar) immediately run with as if it is gospel because a “investigative news reporter” said it! It’s bad enough news stories are flooded with spelling and grammatical errors but also incorrect dates, locations, names etc. as if Helen Keller is their editor...now it’s actually done on purpose! So arrogant and disrespectful how lazy they’ve become.

the only way to get even CLOSE to the real story is to read/listen to all the slanted lies on both sides and then somehow piece together your own opinion out of all the trash...

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
they are ALL slanted...unfortunately because the viewing public has demanded it.. and MSM has just gone along for the ratings.. it seems most people these days only want to hear what supports their agenda, but think THEIR source is perfect. Don’t think Fox is all slanted but CNN is somehow above the fray (or visa versa)..What I find most shameful though is that the ONE profession (journalism) that is supposed to remain impartial has abused the public’s trust to promote unchecked propaganda or worse, just flat out lie... and yet still call it “news”, which the gullible (like Joy Beher) immediately run with as if it is gospel because a “investigative news reporter” said it! It’s bad enough news stories are flooded with spelling and grammatical errors but also incorrect dates, locations, names etc. as if Helen Keller is their editor...now it’s actually done on purpose! So arrogant and disrespectful how lazy they’ve become.

the only way to get even CLOSE to the real story is to read/listen to all the slanted lies on both sides and then somehow piece together your own opinion out of all the trash...

60499_601727546504359_1216075649_n.jpg

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are ALL slanted...
Thank you Az_mike! Good post..... I try to always question stuff- Especially bizarre claims....Then take it and dig around for the......"Facts"....But it is hard to do....

We pride ourselves on being "Propaganda immune" because we learned from the horrible disaster that was Nazi Germany; We state, "We know better now!" and walk around claiming that nobody could influence us......BUT! As we get more "wise"....so do propagandists......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thank you Az_mike! Good post..... I try to always question stuff- Especially bizarre claims....Then take it and dig around for the......"Facts"....But it is hard to do....

We pride ourselves on being "Propaganda immune" because we learned from the horrible disaster that was Nazi Germany; We state, "We know better now!" and walk around claiming that nobody could influence us......BUT! As we get more "wise"....so do propagandists......
Exactly... gone are the days of “nothing but the facts, m’am!” as arrogant “we know better than you what is best” journalists misinterpret their privilege to be in the spotlight as an anointed right to lace their “news” with commentary and word choices meant to set up the reaction they are looking for with the GOAL of influencing the viewer.

instead of reporting “the president spoke today about...” they’ll say “trump stumbled again as he...” or focus their story on only one side of an event and forget the opposing view, but then incredulously crow about freedom of the press and their right to question public figures when their “questions” are anything but....

kind of of like all the NFL protestors, a lot of viewers have had enough and as a result the credibility of what USED to be one of the shining hallmarks of our free society has been needlessly squandered by a profession that has grown too big for their britches.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Exactly... gone are the days of “nothing but the facts, m’am!” as arrogant “we know better than you what is best” journalists misinterpret their privilege to be in the spotlight as an anointed right to lace their “news” with commentary and word choices meant to set up the reaction they are looking for with the GOAL of influencing the viewer.

instead of reporting “the president spoke today about...” they’ll say “trump stumbled again as he...” or focus their story on only one side of an event and forget the opposing view, but then incredulously crow about freedom of the press and their right to question public figures when their “questions” are anything but....

kind of of like all the NFL protestors, a lot of viewers have had enough and as a result the credibility of what USED to be one of the shining hallmarks of our free society has been needlessly squandered by a profession that has grown too big for their britches.
Two excellent posts Mike both very well put:))THumbsUp

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts

OK....help me out. Please point to some specific reports that FOX has presented that is in your opinion not true and Russian promoted propaganda?

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok.....#1) Vladimir Putin is a good christian! (B........S! Has had numerous people around the world assassinated, and gamed the russian election system to make him Dictator-for-life)
#2) Vladimir Putin is NOT interested in taking over the world.....(He has stated on numerous occasions that the collapse of the USSR was the worst tragedy in world history, has made it clear that he wants NATO eliminated so he can intimidate Europe into doing what he wants, etc.
#3) Hillary has murdered almost 100 people! (Yet no one can prove any of this (Is she a criminal master-mind? Or are the conservatives just complete idiots because they can't find any proof? (Yes, yes, I know- Millions of people are in a conspiracy)....
#4) There is no Russian interference in our election!- Mueller, although previously a good conservative, has gone liberal and is in a conspriracy against Trump! (So any time a conservative doesn't do what you absolutely believe he should do, he is A)Wrong-Wrong-Wrong, and B) Has sold out to the liberals?)
#5) There are WMDs in Iran...(OK.....I admit that Cheney started this bald-faced lie...)
#6) The new health-care reform is going to be great- Everyone will love it! (Once again, I know, the couple of conservatives who would not vote for it are turn-coats.....But......Why did they have to keep adjusting it just to get up to the close vote they did get?)

I am not bothered as much by the other stuff....we can argue all day long about all of it.....But the weird-azz crap about Putin being a "Good guy we can trust!" is beyond bizarre....The guy is a murderer and a megalomaniac, who is ex-KGB.....Trust him....To gut you like a fish if you get in his way! And Trump saying, "Hey, I asked him....He's seems offended by the question....And you don't want to offend Putin!".......Wow!

Just look at the connections between Rupert Murdoch and Putin, and look at how Fox talks about Putin......The "Voice of Conservatism" saying our worst enemy is a "Great guy"?!!

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
SNiC said:
OK....help me out. Please point to some specific reports that FOX has presented that is in your opinion not true and Russian promoted propaganda?
Ok.....#1) Vladimir Putin is a good christian! (B........S! Has had numerous people around the world assassinated, and gamed the russian election system to make him Dictator-for-life)
#2) Vladimir Putin is NOT interested in taking over the world.....(He has stated on numerous occasions that the collapse of the USSR was the worst tragedy in world history, has made it clear that he wants NATO eliminated so he can intimidate Europe into doing what he wants, etc.
#3) Hillary has murdered almost 100 people! (Yet no one can prove any of this (Is she a criminal master-mind? Or are the conservatives just complete idiots because they can't find any proof? (Yes, yes, I know- Millions of people are in a conspiracy)....
#4) There is no Russian interference in our election!- Mueller, although previously a good conservative, has gone liberal and is in a conspriracy against Trump! (So any time a conservative doesn't do what you absolutely believe he should do, he is A)Wrong-Wrong-Wrong, and B) Has sold out to the liberals?)
#5) There are WMDs in Iran...(OK.....I admit that Cheney started this bald-faced lie...)
#6) The new health-care reform is going to be great- Everyone will love it! (Once again, I know, the couple of conservatives who would not vote for it are turn-coats.....But......Why did they have to keep adjusting it just to get up to the close vote they did get?)

I am not bothered as much by the other stuff....we can argue all day long about all of it.....But the weird-azz crap about Putin being a "Good guy we can trust!" is beyond bizarre....The guy is a murderer and a megalomaniac, who is ex-KGB.....Trust him....To gut you like a fish if you get in his way! And Trump saying, "Hey, I asked him....He's seems offended by the question....And you don't want to offend Putin!".......Wow!

Just look at the connections between Rupert Murdoch and Putin, and look at how Fox talks about Putin......The "Voice of Conservatism" saying our worst enemy is a "Great guy"?!!
We know your opinion.....We are discussing FOX's Propaganda you keep posting and warning us about.....So, let' try this again....
When.... did.... FOX... report... any... of... the... "propaganda"... you... just... posted ...above?

You claim and are warning us that FOX is spreading Russian propaganda......Please post just 1 Link! Thx....

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I admit that I am not very good at finding actual articles by Fox on this stuff.....But I can remember a bunch of stuff on Fox about the "Texas invasion" story....and yet now none of it shows....Poof! They have erased all of it, apparently....

All I know is several of my Conservative friends started talking more and more about how "What's wrong with trusting Putin?...He's the kind of leader WE need! Too bad we can't get him to lead this country!"....When I pointed out that he had gamed the Russian system to become dictator-for-life and had had people assassinated, they denied that Putin had EVER done any of that....."He's a good Christian....No Christian would ever do those kind of things.....A man of God is completely trust-worthy!"....And when I asked where they got their info, they stated, "Where else- the only >>>HONEST<<< news source.....Fox!"

Just look up Wendi Deng (Murdoch).....And also, come up with a reason why, after all the stuff that O'Reilly has said and done, all the lawsuits, etc....Fox fired him only right after Russia called for his firing because he stated on air, "Putin is a killer!" Why would Fox, an >>American<< news source, be worried about what Russia thinks?

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
I admit that I am not very good at finding actual articles by Fox on this stuff.....But I can remember a bunch of stuff on Fox about the "Texas invasion" story....and yet now none of it shows....Poof! They have erased all of it, apparently....

All I know is several of my Conservative friends started talking more and more about how "What's wrong with trusting Putin?...He's the kind of leader WE need! Too bad we can't get him to lead this country!"....When I pointed out that he had gamed the Russian system to become dictator-for-life and had had people assassinated, they denied that Putin had EVER done any of that....."He's a good Christian....No Christian would ever do those kind of things.....A man of God is completely trust-worthy!"....And when I asked where they got their info, they stated, "Where else- the only >>>HONEST<<< news source.....Fox!"

Just look up Wendi Deng (Murdoch).....And also, come up with a reason why, after all the stuff that O'Reilly has said and done, all the lawsuits, etc....Fox fired him only right after Russia called for his firing because he stated on air, "Putin is a killer!" Why would Fox, an >>American<< news source, be worried about what Russia thinks?
Thanks for your straight forward response :))THumbsUp
I am beginning to see how you came to some of your conclusions. I personally learned early on that "friends" have a tendency to run their mouths with jibber jabber and talking point BS.....especially if there is alcohol in the mix :yes: Whenever I hear them say things such as you mentioned..... I try to do my own research to help prevent myself from looking foolish.... but for me, that only works about 1/2 of the time :wink2:

But, please know, I agree there may be some factual truth as to what you are saying....

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Putin

Thanks for your straight forward response :))THumbsUp
I am beginning to see how you came to some of your conclusions. I personally learned early on that "friends" have a tendency to run their mouths with jibber jabber and talking point BS.....especially if there is alcohol in the mix :yes: Whenever I hear them say things such as you mentioned..... I try to do my own research to help prevent myself from looking foolish.... but for me, that only works about 1/2 of the time :wink2:

But, please know, I agree there may be some factual truth as to what you are saying....
I don't personally think that many people think Putin is a wonderful person, he is a strong and ruthless leader, But at this time I would think trying to work and establish a relationship with Russia is a better course of action than going back to a cold war situation. We have Iran North korea ISI El kadi who are currently strong outspoken enemies of the US,If we can work diplomatically to curb Russian aggression we should do so. Remember during world war 2 Joe Stalin was our ally, and was a brutal dictator, But the lesser of the eveils at the time. Also Kadfi. and Saddam were ruthless brutal dictators, But in both cases our decision to remove them has left both countrys in chaos and war as well as creating new radical hate groups, Just saying that because some people feel that some how Putin got Trump elected we shouldn't be trying to start a war with Russia, my two cents

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
I don't personally think that many people think Putin is a wonderful person, he is a strong and ruthless leader, But at this time I would think trying to work and establish a relationship with Russia is a better course of action than going back to a cold war situation. We have Iran North korea ISI El kadi who are currently strong outspoken enemies of the US,If we can work diplomatically to curb Russian aggression we should do so. Remember during world war 2 Joe Stalin was our ally, and was a brutal dictator, But the lesser of the eveils at the time. Also Kadfi. and Saddam were ruthless brutal dictators, But in both cases our decision to remove them has left both countrys in chaos and war as well as creating new radical hate groups, Just saying that because some people feel that some how Putin got Trump elected we shouldn't be trying to start a war with Russia, my two cents
Totally agree.......and FWIW, I do not believe Russia had any influence in our elections. They meddle in foreign elections the same as U.S.
and I too believe you should keep your friends close.....and your enemies closer ;)

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some good posts here...and I really appreciate not calling me a complete fool (Even if I am qualified- at times!)

I just want everyone to not take whatever they hear as absolute fact, and especially suspect the motives of Rupert Murdoch....

One of the biggest political surprises in my life was finding out about the whole Shah of Iran deal.....I was on the USS Coral Sea and we were all set to take out Iran's air force if needed during the Hostage rescue......We had xeroxed posters of the Ayatollah crawling on his hand and knees with the caption "I walked, I crawled, Iran!" Hated the bastard and the Iranian people.

Years and years later I found out about "Operation Ajax" where the CIA and British engineered an over-throw of Iran's duly elected leader because he nationalized some of the oil fields(Upsetting some of the EXTERNAL oil companies) and re-installed the Shah who most of the Iranian people had started to hate.....I fully understand we want things to go our way....But the "Blow-back" from this incident has been immense....Basically all of the modern Muslim antagonism against the west and especially the US can be traced back to this operation.....They "KNOW" we can not be trusted.....

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts
Good post Cvxjet!. First I had no idea, and I want to thank you for your service :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

And FWIW, I consider FOX as just another arm of MSM, and not to be fully trusted...... :no:

You concluded with, "They "KNOW" we can not be trusted.....".....hell, I don't trust our Government either!

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your good post Snic......I think we do better to try and see other viewpoints......And yes, everyone has an axe to grind- Even people who are actually TRYING to be neutral sometimes allow biases to creep in- We would do well to at least understand the difficult service that news reporters do!

I want to mention- I drove up to Calistoga to pick up a transmission for my sport car yesterday- I had no problem until I left 101 just above Santa Rosa- Then I started to see.......Chimneys and burned out cars...EVERYWHERE! I had trouble seeing the road at times- It is difficult to understand the devastation until you actually are in the midst of it...Now southern CA is suffering from these kind of fires.....We need to do better at protecting ourselves from this situation!

Anyone in the South- or the North bay(And for that matter the people of Texas and Florida who have suffer devastation recently)....Please take care......And the rest of us need to help them as best we can!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Some good posts here...and I really appreciate not calling me a complete fool (Even if I am qualified- at times!)

I just want everyone to not take whatever they hear as absolute fact, and especially suspect the motives of Rupert Murdoch....

One of the biggest political surprises in my life was finding out about the whole Shah of Iran deal.....I was on the USS Coral Sea and we were all set to take out Iran's air force if needed during the Hostage rescue......We had xeroxed posters of the Ayatollah crawling on his hand and knees with the caption "I walked, I crawled, Iran!" Hated the bastard and the Iranian people.

Years and years later I found out about "Operation Ajax" where the CIA and British engineered an over-throw of Iran's duly elected leader because he nationalized some of the oil fields(Upsetting some of the EXTERNAL oil companies) and re-installed the Shah who most of the Iranian people had started to hate.....I fully understand we want things to go our way....But the "Blow-back" from this incident has been immense....Basically all of the modern Muslim antagonism against the west and especially the US can be traced back to this operation.....They "KNOW" we can not be trusted.....
What a clear and concise post.
Very well done.

What this points out is what I am always saying. We are NEVER told the truth about what goes on.
Im labeled the conspiracy theory guy, but as your posts clearly shows is that ANYTHING is possible beyond what we are presented.

Thank you for your service CVX!

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are being pretty cool...And I am kind of embarrassed about the "Service" thingy...(I was just a dumb kid, trying to serve his country- but obviously no fighting) So I will post a story about a sailor in Bangkok Thailand.....Probably not quite what you are expecting but it is a funny (and true!) story....

Back in the last few months I was in the Navy, we pulled into Pattaya beach, Thailand- Now it is a big resort area, but back then it was very....lightly populated- There were only a few resorts there.....I hopped on a bus to Bangkok, and after a few hours, pulled up at the Military visitor center. I got off the bus and was just milling around when another Sailor approached me (I was on the USS Coral Sea- an Aircraft carrier, while he was from one of our escort ships)...
He stated that a Thai man had approached him with an offer; His brother-in-law had a taxi and for $20 they would give us a tour of the city....It sounded good, so I said "sure!" (We did have to sign out with the visitor center so it was all safe/legal!)
We went all over the city, seeing the sights and playing tourist.....Then we pulled around the back of a somewhat ramshackle building, behind a limo...There was an awning to keep the (Possible) rain off of people unloading.....a couple of businessmen got out of the limo and went inside, then we pulled forward and got out....And went inside....
It was sort of a bar, with very small tables, dimly lit, but one wall was well lit; It had 2 panes of glass, with a pillar between, and behind the pillar was a TV, and sitting on chairs on tiers behind the windows were young women in evening gowns watching the TV and waiting......?
"Ohhhhh!....This is a cat-house!" I said, and the other sailor reacted with embarrassment, stating that he was "...only getting a massage!"
Now, I am a bit square- I suspect that while I was running around playing Tourist, the other sailor had discussed the....possibility of "Refreshment" with our guides......But. although I was not interested in...Partaking of the situation (There was a 70% catch-rate for VD!!!!) I was not judging anyone....I told him so, and sat down and had a soda (I don't drink- My Mother was an alcoholic and died from it)

Six months later, I am out of the Navy and home....My Father and stepmother take me to dinner for my BD, and then we head back to their house- they want to watch Wheel and Jeopardy...It's the end of the 6 O'clock news and they are doing a special interest story on Bangkok's red-light district......
I mention that I was in Bangkok six months earlier.....As I watch, I see a limo pull in under an awning (Hmmm, boy- that looks familiar!) and then they show the room, with those 2 windows with a pillar in the middle and the TV...watched by....
Without thinking, I point and say, "Hey, I was there!!!"......I then THINK about what I had said.....My pointing finger slowly droops, and, with my smile frozen on my face, I slowly turn to look at my Father and stepmother, sitting there, with their mouths hanging open...and their eyes almost as big around..........(Whoopsy!)
Of course, no one would ever believe me, but I actually did not......(To quote a well known figure)..."Inhale"......

This really did happen, just the way it's written....I am writing a book of all the ridiculous things that have happened to me (Some of them are NOT my fault!!!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts