Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Red Eye is more of a comedy news show to begin with. I enjoy watching it because it's meant to poke fun at the news and what's happening. Not to mention they usually have some sort of a hottie (Megyn Kelley, Patty Ann Brown, Jane Skinner, ect.) on the show. If Canada gets pissed off at that I say F them if they can't take a joke.:D

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
I thought it was spot on...and pretty damn funny.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
. . . If Canada gets pissed off at that I say F them if they can't take a joke.:D
I suppose they could post a thousand better laughs at us right now with HusseinO piloting the Titanic through icy waters with his blindfold named Change on it.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I think it was disrespectful to the Canadian military who has put their troops in harms way to help us. I know that it was meant in fun but it does not show our country well. Canada has been by our side in Afghanistan from the beginning. They deserve our Thanks.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
for 480.660 views, rating shows one and a half stars , nuff said ;)

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I think it was disrespectful to the Canadian military who has put their troops in harms way to help us. I know that it was meant in fun but it does not show our country well. Canada has been by our side in Afghanistan from the beginning. They deserve our Thanks.
I would have to agree. I watched 2 minutes which is about all I could take. I wonder how funny the famlies of the dead Canadian soldiers felt viewing it. Poor taste imo, funny to some or not, I found it painful to watch. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If Canada gets pissed off at that I say F them if they can't take a joke.:D
Wolfie , you may want to check history;). Some ignoramus in the past made some comment that was dead serious :)hand

Quote ; The conquest of Canada is in our power. I trust I shall not be deemed presumptive when I state that I verily belive that the militia of
Kentucky are alone competent to place Montreal and Upper Canada at your feet.
Henry Clay, to the United States Senate,
February 22 , 1810

·
Registered
10 Posts
When did Canada gain independence from Britain? Exactly - it was after 1810. Nice try with the distortion of history, but the comment was directed at a British controlled territory.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
When did Canada gain independence from Britain? Exactly

We [ most of us anyway ;)] still feel quite comfortable being part of the commonwealth and respect others and their culture.Being the most bad azz and most powerful doesn't always gain respect from others ,maybe fear at best.
Canada chose to dismantle the world's third largest naval fighting force after WWII.
"The Royal Canadian Navy expanded greatly during the Second World War and following the end of the war was the third-largest navy in the world, behind the United States and the United Kingdom" I think we gave you a helping hand...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mirage -

You missed my point. You are calling an Henry Clay an ignoramus because of a comment he made in 1810. The problem is that his comment was not directed at the sovereign nation of Canada, rather a British controlled territory. We weren't exactly on the best terms with the British at the time.

The Henry Clay quote is a bit of a red herring. Should I pull out some quotes from American colonists against the British as use it as a pretext for us going to war with them today?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Taking a year off from the war was the point. You don't take that long a break from any war. That said, I think those people maybe went too far in poking fun at Canada military even though I've always considered the Canadian people to be a little odd.:p

What if America proposed a year long break? Honestly wouldn't be surprised with this admin.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Henry Clay's arrogant quote got canadians [ who were at that time a collection of British, French, native indians and quite a few former Americans ) so pissed off we burned down the White House!:)hand

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Henry Clay's arrogant quote got canadians [ who were at that time a collection of British, French, native indians and quite a few former Americans ) so pissed off we burned down the White House!:)hand
Well hopefully they are as pissed and do it again!!! :D :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts