Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys might like to see dyno results from another Foxwell Motorsports/Straub Tech team effort. This is a hyd roller pump gas 540 going in a '68 Camaro.
Details are:
Dart block
Scat crank and rods
Mahle pistons and rings, 10.7:1
AFR 315's prepped by FM
Hyd roller by Straub Tech, Morel lifters
Victor Jr/4150 ported by FM
Crane Gold rockers, AFR stud girdle
Smith Brothers pushrods.

Customer had the engine assembled and dyno'd by his local shop in Glendale AZ. The heads, cam, lifters, rockers and intake came to me where I fully ported the intake, converted the heads to specific rate HR springs and Ti retainers, sized the guides correctly and then with the customer's cam and valve train parts, mocked up for proper rocker geometry and push rod length. Also had the heads milled to 119cc.

Customer is very pleased.
771.6 chp @ 6300, 717.4 clb-ft @ 5000. Made over 700 hp from 5200 on up.
note: the dyno oil is XP4 15-50, and it never got over 160*. With a good 5-20 or 5-30 and some oil temp, there's another 15-20hp there.

·
Village Idiot
3,543 Posts
I don't know if I would trust that shop in AZ. You know about those AZ boys.LOL

That is one heck of a build. Well done. And I know from personal experience that dyno does not give up big numbers.

Paul

·
Registered
196 Posts
That things gona be a blast to drive did you see all that torque , little camaros gona need some meats to get goin any where

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if I would trust that shop in AZ. You know about those AZ boys.LOL

That is one heck of a build. Well done. And I know from personal experience that dyno does not give up big numbers.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Ive come to learn a little more about Rick Waters...very well respected and successful engine buider as you probably already know.:))THumbsUp

Great job guys.
Thanks Carl.

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That things gona be a blast to drive did you see all that torque , little camaros gona need some meats to get goin any where
LOL...ya think... :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nice numbers for sure!!!!!! Most of my parts (kit) is from CStraub Ind. Pump gas hyd roller too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts