Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending a lot of time and money getting my 22' Schiada back together and on the water (whole other thread:D), I decided a new trailer was in order. The trailer was structurally solid but had definately seen better days - even more apparent now that the boat was lookin' good.

Which brought me to Hampton Trailers for a complete frame up rebuild. We're doing "the works" - convert from drum (or dumb, as Trevor like to call them) brakes to disc, new actuator, swing away tongue, new fenders, lights, winch & strap, steps, paint...... and the list goes on. Basically a new trailer using the existing frame.

Here are pics of the "before" pics.

-Justin

Attachments

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Going to look nice when they are finished.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
RD had a nice thread at RDP's regarding these guy's, their work looks awesome. I'm not doing the overhaul that you are doing just new bunks this off-season, probably use Enduro Trailers in LHC, but if I ever need to go extreme trailer makeover I'd let Hampton do my work.

Looking forward to the finished pictures.

·
MLC - Mid Life Crisis
1,132 Posts
Going to look nice when they are finished.
How much bondo work is actually done on trailers to make it a finished product. I don't mean just to fill holes, but if your metal is already smooth, does it still get a little bondo to provide for a good foundation?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Very interested in this thread. I have the exact same Mr. Ed Trailer on my Sanger. Love the swing tongue and disc brakes.. Looking forward to the job when completed.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
RD had a nice thread at RDP's regarding these guy's, their work looks awesome. I'm not doing the overhaul that you are doing just new bunks this off-season, probably use Enduro Trailers in LHC, but if I ever need to go extreme trailer makeover I'd let Hampton do my work.

Looking forward to the finished pictures.
These are the finished pics of the 2 Trailers that Trevor built for me. :) The blue one was actually a pre-existing trailer that he made into a trailer for my girls Spectra 20. :)

The 1st was for a 10' Schiada, when I talked to other trailer mfg's (including extreme) they said what I wanted wasn't even possible. Trevor had custom torsions made to get the wheel spacing closer together.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
This is the 2nd trailer he did for me. It was an existing trailer that he retrofitted to the Spectra 20, then added the extensions on the back (drive guard), break away tonge, stainless fenders, disc brakes, chrome sideguides, catwalks under the boat, and about a million other bells and whistles..

RD

Attachments

355 Posts
What did you do with your boat while he is doing the trailer?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
10' Trailer

Dave,

I still need a trailer for my 10'! I don't need the swing away but like everything else. Does Trevor want to make one?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Dave,

I still need a trailer for my 10'! I don't need the swing away but like everything else. Does Trevor want to make one?
I'm sure he would love to build you one. :) Give him a call. He has PWC trailers that he could modify into something pretty cool. Or he could do a build from the ground up like on my old one.

Understand though something that trick / one off isn't going to be 1000 bucks.

RD

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Trailer

I'm sure he would love to build you one. :) Give him a call. He has PWC trailers that he could modify into something pretty cool. Or he could do a build from the ground up like on my old one.

Understand though something that trick / one off isn't going to be 1000 bucks.

RD
Come on Dave - I was hoping for $500..... :)

Justin - trailer looks great - have fun this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Looks awesome! What price range are we talkin?

Thanks!
Come on Dave - I was hoping for $500..... :)

Justin - trailer looks great - have fun this weekend.
He might be talked into building the frame for you, and laying the ground work for something more "custom" that you can finish off yourself?

I'd think for 1500 - 2000 grand you could have a nice little trailer for a 10'er.. For 3 - 4,000 you could have something every bit as sick as my old one. (I'm guessing here, you'd have to call Trevor for exact #'s)

RD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts