Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Slower Than You
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you kiddin me? .Just right now some dude comes to my door" Sir would you like" Me-"No im on the phone, not interested" Him-"but sir today we have a " Me-Doorslam. Persistent lil prick. They bug the shiat outta me.:|err

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Ha, quick story.

When I was 18 I joined a magazine crew.
They traveled the country and I got to Texas before I figured out they were more like Gypsies than a bona-fide business.
So I told them to pound sand.
They took me out to a Hillbilly house in the middle of no-fuggin-where and told me to “sell” that house, or they would kick my azz.
F* you I told them.

They didn’t kick my azz, but sent me home on the longest bus ride possible.

I always remembered the team leader, his eyes bulging out of his skull. He was a roid head and could have easily killed me (literally). Instead, they left me with $2 for the 3 day bus ride home.

Fast forward 10 years and I’m out serving eviction notices for the bank.
So I knock at this door in Huntington Beach and explain to this chick that the house they were renting was foreclosed on.
I noticed she looked familiar and told her so, but we didn’t make much of it….

Until her husband came home.

SON OF A BIATCH. You’re that team leader who wanted to kill my azz in Texas.

“Uhhh, I’m sorry about that; I was a bad person back then” he sez.

Yeah well, you gotta move, here’s your eviction notice.

Of all the doors to knock on….. :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
In Nevada you can shoot people on your property. I answer the door with a pistol by my side. Heard to many forced entry during the day or night.

ding dong.... Hello ??? ups !! open door and the bust in. Over power you and they're in... Not at my house... Big dog and .45.... If they dont go away fast enough or they runnign down the street tehn I can bring out my .50 bmg and roll them. All Legal here in the wild west(nevada)

·
Slower Than You
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha, quick story.

They traveled the country and I got to Texas before I figured out they were more like Gypsies than a bona-fide business.
They took me out to a Hillbilly house in the middle of no-fuggin-where and told me to “sell” that house, or they would kick my azz.
F* you I told them.

I always remembered the team leader, his eyes bulging out of his skull. He was a roid head and could have easily killed me (literally). Instead, they left me with $2 for the 3 day bus ride home.

So I knock at this door in Huntington Beach and explain to this chick that the house they were renting was foreclosed on.

Karma Jones:)devil

·
Registered
313 Posts
In Nevada you can shoot people on your property. I answer the door with a pistol by my side. Heard to many forced entry during the day or night.

ding dong.... Hello ??? ups !! open door and the bust in. Over power you and they're in... Not at my house... Big dog and .45.... If they dont go away fast enough or they runnign down the street tehn I can bring out my .50 bmg and roll them. All Legal here in the wild west(nevada)
Hell yea !!!

·
Senior Expert
249 Posts
I have the same problem at my house. I see the van drop off a bunch of them in my track and then they come and pickem back up later. Pisses me off to no end. The are pushy as hell too sometimes. We have a Doorbell phone at our house. When someone rings the doorbell our phone rings and we answer it just like a regular phone call and then we can talk through the intercom to whoevers at the door. It works great for solicitors. You don't have to come face to face with them and you can make the conversation really quick.

Here is a link to what the unit looks like.

http://www.smarthome.com/5070C/DoorBell-Fon-Door-Answering-System-Ivory-DP-28IT/p.aspx

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
It's also a ruse dirt heads are using to see if anyone is home. When they dont get an answer, they kick in the door and burg your house. If you answer the door they offer some supid assed service knowing you'll probably say no or tell them to get lost.

·
Premium Member
7,846 Posts
i am not in utah ok well little utah( vegas), i just tell them i am catholic and attend my church. that is the only thing i believe in..that usually sends them next door..
We tried the same thing. Doesn't work here. It's an entirely different game here. Got the cross hanging where it can be seen and the kid went to a Catholic school here. We're thinking of hanging a picture of the pope in the entry!!!!!
Never had the problem when we lived in SoCal.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Ha, quick story.

F* you I told them.

Sweet justice! What ever possessed you to do that in the first place. I think cult when I see them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.