Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided I wasn't going to spend any money on one of my two bikes so I drove the sweep truck as the DD so the other two sweepers could drink as much as they wanted. As the DD I only had 4 beers in 5 hours.

28 riders met in Jacumba (Ha-cum-ba) they left at 8:15 pm 85* at 3,000 ft and rode to the desert floor in Borrego approx 500 ft above sea level it took the group a little over 2 hrs to ride the 18 miles. Some very nasty rocky single track riding. They probably had 45 minutes to an hour waiting time on the trail. It was windy and 102* on the desert floor at the Lazy Lizard bar. I think the 28 rides and the three chasers about doubled the population of the town of Borrego.

The chase truck left Jacumba late and got to the Lazy Lizard at about 9:15 after having a couple of beers and smoking a couple of Backwoods in the breezy 85* at the top of the mountain:

Here are a few camera phone pics:

I'm not a 2-stroke rider buy I loved my friends new KTM-300 (electric start and a Arizona street plate even):

We had Honda 650's, 450's, Yamaha 450's, KTM 450's, and even two Beta's. One of this years winning Baja 500 riders was in the group on one of the Beta's and the group included several past Baja 500 and 1,000 (class winners) The riders had a blast, but I did too being chase and it was a lot less work.

We left the bar at 12:00 am and the chase truck followed 28 riders up Honey Springs grade :)bulb . Everyone got home safely I hit the bed at 2:00 am.

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

· Registered
193 Posts
Here are some more pics from somebody that actually went on the ride & didn't bring any excuses on why he couldn't do the ride.

I had agreat time on the ride although I don't think I'll ever do it again in July or on a XR 650 but other than that we had some great laughs & good times with friends. I think the best story of the night was when the old man @ the bar that I just met told me that he had hiked down that trail with some friends 15 years ago in the winter, but he never thought any body would be dumb enough to ride down it on motorcycles in the summer. Well I guess now he can say that he met 27 dumb asses @ the bar that night.

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some more pics from somebody that actually went on the ride & didn't bring any excuses on why he couldn't do the ride..
Not couldn't ... choose not to ride.....and your Uncle needed a DD anyway. I'm glad I changed my plans to go, I had a blast with Cliff and Hable. I bet you wish you had an electric start 525 didn't you?

S CP :D

· Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you would quit spending money on guns, you could have enjoyed this trip!!!
My 650-R needs a bit of TLC. The rear axle adjusters froze up last year so they need to be fixed and then new chain,rear sprocket and a few other things.

I think my built XR-400 (416cc Power-up cam and 10.5:1) just needs the ex. valves adjusted and it will be good to go. It would have been a good bike to take on that Friday night ride.

I'll be calling you about that CZ.

Sleeper CP :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.