Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
its just another day
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to upgrade from a Log manifold to a exhaust riser. So here is the specs .
500 Hp BBC 454 , Panther conversion to Berk Jet, through transom just above waterline under swimstep , in a engine cover . I have 31" width of space to work with . Looking for a riser that can fit that dimension . Any and all help is welcome and appreciated

Thanks
chris

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Im trying to upgrade from a Log manifold to a exhaust riser. So here is the specs .
500 Hp BBC 454 , Panther conversion to Berk Jet, through transom just above waterline under swimstep , in a engine cover . I have 31" width of space to work with . Looking for a riser that can fit that dimension . Any and all help is welcome and appreciated

Thanks
chris
Chris , a little clarification ("Im trying to upgrade from a Log manifold to a exhaust riser") might be helpfull ? are you going from say... Headers or OT pipes to thru hulls (rizers) ?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Imco is your friend, Eddie Marine makes them, Hell I might even look for a old set of Drakes then have new risers made to match your tips. But under a hatch you must be waterjacketed or your gonna burn sooner or later..lol:D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Imco is your friend, Eddie Marine makes them, Hell I might even look for a old set of Drakes then have new risers made to match your tips. But under a hatch you must be waterjacketed or your gonna burn sooner or later..lol:D
I'd assume that he is referring to a center riser exhaust manifold and not the old school log to twice pipes over the transom. That way he can keep the engine cover.

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts

Thanks
chris
Chris,
Seriously, give me a call this evening.
I recently switched over from logs to Imco Power Flows, out thru the transom with an engine cover.
Boat = 1977 18.6 Hallett Mini Cruiser with engine hatch. I think the inside width dimension is 31" or 32".
I can give you more detailed info over the phone. The Hallett is sitting in my garage.
I should be home by 7:00 pm this evening so please call.
Dave
home# 661-723-6880

·
Registered
836 Posts
you could shell out like $3k for a set of power flows...

i found a set of RM manifolds that were used in a sealed coolant system, but the risers were ran with salt so they were done for. picked up the whole thing for $50

found a set of EMI (share the same casting as RM) jacketed risers for $200. slapped those on there. bought 2 sections of 4" pipe for $200, measured em up.

welded

polished

done! $450.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Good work Ka0tyk:)devil
Did you notice a power difference?
not yet. ive been too busy trying to get everything else ready. ive started it and the sound is a LOT different than my old logs and snails.

just trying to give people options. id LOVE to have a set of lightning headers but realistically $4k is just NOT going to happen. =(

·
its just another day
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Much thanks

Hey thanks for the info Dave . much appreciated. Sorry if the post was unclear. So Ill see if I can do better

I want to replace my Logs with a center rise exhaust system that measures 32" or less from manifold to manifold. The engine has a complete cover that fits around the motor like a doghouse. I am rebuilding the motor cover but I have to stay as near as possible to the original width dimension of the cover. Because I have seats that sit at the rear corner's of the boat. Hallett Dave gave me alot of info on some IMCO 's that he installed. Anyone have any other ideas I am looking for for as much info as possible. Plus if you have a setup like I described all and any pics would really help me out on how I want to design the new motor cover. Much thanks and luv to to all my Old Skool boat brothers for anything you have .

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts