Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 16' Tahiti, and with the 455, the 12 gallon tank just barely makes it from gas dock to gas dock. What have other folks done to increase the amount of gas they can carry? My current tank is steel, 19' wide, 16' deep, 12' high. The tank width is about 17' because the pinch welds on the ends make up the other two inches. We are thinking of either or both of two things - a larger fuel cell/tank under the bow where the original one is, and/or a new, additional cell between the rear seats to augment the first one. Ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
We have a 16' Tahiti, and with the 455, the 12 gallon tank just barely makes it from gas dock to gas dock. What have other folks done to increase the amount of gas they can carry? My current tank is steel, 19' wide, 16' deep, 12' high. The tank width is about 17' because the pinch welds on the ends make up the other two inches. We are thinking of either or both of two things - a larger fuel cell/tank under the bow where the original one is, and/or a new, additional cell between the rear seats to augment the first one. Ideas?
ya i am with you on that, i only have two 11 gals and at wide open its a gallon per min.. i cruise 3000rpm with a double pumper and go up the river to parker dam and its about empty on one side.. i would like to also have some info...:D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a fuel cell on Summitracing.com that will fit between the rear seats and add 12 gallons. Seems like a lot of work for not much more gas, AND, it'll take up a bunch of room.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
I found a fuel cell on Summitracing.com that will fit between the rear seats and add 12 gallons. Seems like a lot of work for not much more gas, AND, it'll take up a bunch of room.
ok i will go take a look, i dont use the back seats really. thanks for info..:D

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
You really dont want to put a larger bow tank in that little deep-entry 16' Tahiti. It will just aggravate the tendency that hull has to bow-steer. If anything, try to find a set of saddle tanks that will fit.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
i have saddle tanks now in a 19' bahner and like i said they are only 11 gals each side, could i put bigger ones in,,??:D

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
with those dimensions you should be at 27,200 gallons....floating should be the issue

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
ya i am with you on that, i only have two 11 gals and at wide open its a gallon per min.. i cruise 3000rpm with a double pumper and go up the river to parker dam and its about empty on one side.. i would like to also have some info...:D
That is some terrible gas mileage man!

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Inches, feet, potatoe potato LOL

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
That is some terrible gas mileage man!
ya i would like to hook up with some folks and go over a few things on my jet, maybe i am doing something totally wrong..its been a while since i have been around jets ,,it sure drinks the fuel..i am kinda confused on the amount of fuel it takes..:|err

1 - 12 of 12 Posts