Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blown mopar
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of hose do you guys use for the fuel filler cap to tank. and where can i get some?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Jet Boat Performance should have it! Or you can try your local boat center! NAPA carries it but will have to order it! WT:)devil

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Last i used the fuel stuff with a metal coil in it. It wouldnt flex and the fuel fill ended up shaving off shards of rubber into my fuel tank and eventually leaked. THis time i went with some standard plumbing hose from lowes, it's there 2" coupler deal with indentions for hose clamps and everything, fit perfect and is soft enough to flex when needed. We'll see how that goes..

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Last i used the fuel stuff with a metal coil in it. It wouldnt flex and the fuel fill ended up shaving off shards of rubber into my fuel tank and eventually leaked. THis time i went with some standard plumbing hose from lowes, it's there 2" coupler deal with indentions for hose clamps and everything, fit perfect and is soft enough to flex when needed. We'll see how that goes..
FYI Rubber and Gas don't mix! I hope you made sure it is for gas or it will go to [email protected]&t quick! WT:)devil

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Auto-Zone, 1 1/4 fuel hose was the size I think for mine, about a Buck An Inch pricewise.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
There are softwall and hardwall versions of the marine fuel fill hose. You should make sure you get marine hose. If you ever have a problem with a fire or something and you've used unapproved hose..... well... result might not be the best.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts