Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a canister filter/ separator before my Holley blue pump.

What micron size/ Material/ PSI should I be looking for in an in-line filter for after the pump?
(8 AN line between the Pump and reg.)

·
Registered
726 Posts
If its a spin in type filter then I highly suggest a Baldwin. I have been using one for a couple years now and have no issues. Part number BF891, I get them at granger for like $12

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

What about after the pump? On the pressure side?

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts

This is the filter I use, 5 micron at 300 GPH flow and complements the looks of the fuel system as well.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
You only have to filter it once if you filter it right. Whats the sceond filter going to filter? Broken pump pieces, or the rubber from your deteriorating fuel lines?
Hummmmmmmm

wonder if he ever worn two rubbers ?

S CP :p

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys are freakin halariois.
I have always just ran one before the pump also.
Had an Aeromotive on the hydro and a canister on the Miller.
I was thinking of upgrading the Miller and was looking at fuel systems diagrams at different sites and noticed that some showed 2 filters.
A 100 micron before the pump and usually a 10 micron after.
Just curious why, and if any of you ran 2.
How fine a filter is really needed with gas and carburetors?

BTW Bob, I have all new line!!:))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
I'd be more concerned about the water seperating function than what size micron it filters. Thus, an upright cannister style is better IMO. Jocko

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Only one. But if your running alcohol always make sure you have a screen in your funnel. Last year ran into a problem with finding lint in a barrel of fuel. After asking around and doing some research, found that alcohol is a by-product of drycleaning. If you run alcohol and rarely open your fuel filter, be sure and check it every now and then. Ours looked like my dryer screen after doing a load or two of blue jeans.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
fuel injection MUST run 2 filters. A pre pump filter (typically 100 micron) then a post pump filter (typically 10 micron). but you guys with toilet bowls for fuel supply just need something good enough to filter what could get stuck in the needle and seats. However if you run an electric pump i'd think about 2 filters simply because you want something filtering before the pump, but if you go with too fine of a filter you may have a hard time drawing fuel, so a pre and post may be a good idea. mechanical pumps are a different story.

AP

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
fuel injection MUST run 2 filters. A pre pump filter (typically 100 micron) then a post pump filter (typically 10 micron). but you guys with toilet bowls for fuel supply just need something good enough to filter what could get stuck in the needle and seats. However if you run an electric pump i'd think about 2 filters simply because you want something filtering before the pump, but if you go with too fine of a filter you may have a hard time drawing fuel, so a pre and post may be a good idea. mechanical pumps are a different story.

AP
There is some truth to this. But the first filter can really amount to nothing more than a screen that filters small enough to protect the pump. But ap67 is right that if you put a filter with a small enough micon rating to protect the tiny ass hole in a EFI injector, then it either needs to be huge, or you will cut the flow. Most fuel pumps are not the best at pulling fuel thru a small micron/small filter area filter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

This is the filter I use, 5 micron at 300 GPH flow and complements the looks of the fuel system as well.

Nice filter. But its hard to beat this one. 5000+ HP on alky. Its smaller, and easier to mount. Not quite up to the micron requirements of an EFI system, but more than fine enough for an electric pump carb deal, and the restriction to flow is very very low.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 16 of 16 Posts