Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Village Idiot
3,481 Posts
Bob, if you are interested let me know and I can tell you about it as we originally built it. Can I buy it back? I really liked that engine.:)devil Unless they changed the crank it was an early Lunati blower crank. The pistons were custom Venolia's. The block is a CNC bowtie.

Paul

Gosh dang, thinking about it I really want it back. Made decent power on the dyno for just being a low buck fun build.

Joey, does it come with the Stainless zoomies that were on it?

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
The engine was re-done by a very compitant builder in SoCal, but prior to that, it was a 570 cubic inch short deck CNC Bowtie with lunati, my favorite set of pre-china Eagle rods from turkey, and I think I remember them with L-19 bolts, and a set of pins that cost more than most boat engines. They were a casidium coated pin from PPP. (Don't remember if that set was the c-350 pin or the 9319) Yeah, THOSE pins! Custom Venolia piston with an Akerly and Childs HTD ring set.
The limiting factor of that engine was the heads. They were a cast iron square port, with a smaller roller cam to match it. The engine made amazing power but ran out of air at about 6900 rpm. I don't have the slip in front of me, but it made over 700 foot pounds at something like 3800rpm!! If you want something with neck breaking torque, and to gear so that it will run safe at 6800, this is your engine!!! Or be really smart and take the injection off, clean it up and sell that, then buy a good intake and carb and still have cash in your pocket.
But, like I said, I don't know what changes were made in the freshen up, but this baby was one of a kind workhorse when it left my shop.

And yes, I want those zoomies back.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
DOES IT COME WITH A DRIVE SHAFT?:rolleyes:

·
Just Me
4,059 Posts
Fresh rebuild, set to run on e85 $7950.00 import rotating assembly, forged piston,
Bob, if you are interested let me know and I can tell you about it as we originally built it. Can I buy it back? I really liked that engine.:)devil Unless they changed the crank it was an early Lunati blower crank. The pistons were custom Venolia's. The block is a CNC bowtie.

Paul
Something tells me it has different internals. I thought all Lunati cranks were built here in the US. And with the original trick pistons and pins being $$$$$, I think they were probably saved for another project and more generic (yet still decent) parts used for the rebuild.

·
Village Idiot
3,481 Posts
Something tells me it has different internals. I thought all Lunati cranks were built here in the US. And with the original trick pistons and pins being $$$$$, I think they were probably saved for another project and more generic (yet still decent) parts used for the rebuild.
Like Buzzz said, it was "freshened" after we built it. It got wet and went to a CA builder to be checked out. It may have had the crank changed as I heard the rods were changed also. Like I said, I don't know what all was changed, but it sure was fun the way it was. I am sure anything that was changed was done so for the intent of making the engine last as I don't think they would have purchased new parts just to let usable parts sit on a shelf. I would try to get a hold of Joey and find out as it is a good deal. Heck, I had a couple bucks alone in just getting the injection put together well.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts