Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a low fuel pressure switch that when pressure drops it will make contact to turn on a idiot light. The No2 switch is opposite and the oil pressure switch from holley seemed to work but for one time? I think possibly the merc-cruiser switches but not sure?

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Look at Summit, etc. for a Fuel Pressure Safety Switch....I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to step up to the 21st century. :D Gauge with a warning lite, and your can wire a larger warning lite into it.
LINK: Auto Meter fuel gauge
Thanks Bob, but its not my ride, it is for a customer. He does not want to cut another hole in the dash for a gauge. He put in a LED light where a toggle switch was and I was looking for a normally closed switch below 4-5 psi and open above to turn the light on when it drops below that threshold and light off when above there..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob I got to say, Thank you! DAMN I have called Summit and told them what the switch needs to do and they cant find it, they sent me the No2 switch that was backwards and Vic Hubbards sent me the Holley switch which ws wrong too, and here you find it and give me the part number.. I am gonna order it tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If he just cut a hole and installed a fuel pressure gauge it would be all good, but with how nice the boat is already I don't blame him. I told him about the light and installed the Holley Switch on the NC side which is closed during the start up only (5psi) and open above that and it worked one outing and failed on the second, it is an oil pressure switch but I used it for fuel which shouldn't have made a difference but it failed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts