Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put a new electronic fuel pump in, everything is tight a sealed but no fuel pressure, do i need to prime the system before i turn it on?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
m gonna say Yup, but, what do i know...i hate electric pumps! :)...i have run a mech for yearssssss with n/p's :)....just sayin'

·
Registered
162 Posts
What type of pump? Also, remember that they are great "pumps", horrible vacuums! LOL Make sure that you help the pump out as much as possible to get fuel to it, in the way you mount it. It will have a much longer happier life.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
So i just put a new electronic fuel pump in, everything is tight a sealed but no fuel pressure, do i need to prime the system before i turn it on?
If it's not pulling fuel when you turn it on, just blow into the fuel tank to pressurize it a little an air compressor will work or just use your mouth to blown into the tank... the pump should pick-up then. Are you running a filter between the pump and tank?

S CP :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's not pulling fuel when you turn it on, just blow into the fuel tank to pressurize it a little an air compressor will work or just use your mouth to blown into the tank... the pump should pick-up then. Are you running a filter between the pump and tank? S CP :D
Yup im running a in line filter then a holly electric fuel pump then a canister fuel filter, ill try to pressurize the tank, thanks guys

·
Registered
836 Posts
when i put all my hoses together i just filled my fuel/water seperator up with gas and then poured some into the hose before i hooked it to the carb rail. that way the whole thing wasnt completely dry. it sucked for a little bit but then you could hear it getting better and then finally good psi at the carb.

·
Registered
273 Posts
when i put all my hoses together i just filled my fuel/water seperator up with gas and then poured some into the hose before i hooked it to the carb rail. that way the whole thing wasnt completely dry. it sucked for a little bit but then you could hear it getting better and then finally good psi at the carb.
Best way to do it, but make sure you filter the fuel when filling the fuel filter & lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts