Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
77 sleek.
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a new fuel pump for my 460 directions say to use old spacer from old pump but when I took off old f. pump there was no spacer should I buy a spacer and put it on or is it ok without it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not sure what you mean by spacer. If you mean gasket, yes you should use one if you don't want oil leaking out. Buy one, make one or at least use RTV gasket maker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just compare the pumps. If the pump arms look the same and are the same length (which they should be if you just got a replacement pump) then you shouldn't need a spacer. Also, im not sure if those ride directly on the cam or if they have a pushrod, but if there is a rod, putting a small dab of silicone on it will save you a lot of time and headaches...IMO

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Just compare the pumps. If the pump arms look the same and are the same length (which they should be if you just got a replacement pump) then you shouldn't need a spacer. Also, im not sure if those ride directly on the cam or if they have a pushrod, but if there is a rod, putting a small dab of silicone on it will save you a lot of time and headaches...IMO
Sillicone???...you mean grease?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts