Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i run mechanical injection on a lake boat with a blower? also would it be a problem running slow, part throttle ect.

·
1,814 Posts
can i run mechanical injection on a lake boat with a blower? also would it be a problem running slow, part throttle ect.
i asked the same question this week-end & i was told i would never go back to a carb again! i guess thats a yes:D

·
Re-member
146 Posts
I run it on my cp and I think it works great. very simple set up and once its dialed in (which was not real difficult to do ) I havent had to really touch it again. I run alcohol so I had to have a sump tank and the injector a belt driven pump and 1 bypass and thats about it. A little bit of plumbing is involved but its worth it in the end and it runs good at all speeds but it is a blast when you flat foot it. throttle is verry touchy and you want to make sure that your never doing some adjustments to the engine while its on the water and running with your helpfull girlfriend sitting passinger and when she hears the engine start to die she decides to reach over with her hand to "feather" the gas pedal while your standing in back over top the motor because it WILL toss your a$$ right out of the boat and then you will be in the dog house for calling her some choice names when you come to the surface and have to swim back to the boat. Yep she got me good! LOL had header burns all over my legs.

·
1,814 Posts
I run it on my cp and I think it works great. very simple set up and once its dialed in (which was not real difficult to do ) I havent had to really touch it again. I run alcohol so I had to have a sump tank and the injector a belt driven pump and 1 bypass and thats about it. A little bit of plumbing is involved but its worth it in the end and it runs good at all speeds but it is a blast when you flat foot it. throttle is verry touchy and you want to make sure that your never doing some adjustments to the engine while its on the water and running with your helpfull girlfriend sitting passinger and when she hears the engine start to die she decides to reach over with her hand to "feather" the gas pedal while your standing in back over top the motor because it WILL toss your a$$ right out of the boat and then you will be in the dog house for calling her some choice names when you come to the surface and have to swim back to the boat. Yep she got me good! LOL had header burns all over my legs.
hil:)....hey joe, how's it going ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
From what I have been told by Enderle is that if its a gas unit than its not a good idea for a recreation boat. If its alky or a race only application than yes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mechanical Fuel Injection

Hey, I just posted an ad previously asking the same question. I just got a quote from Hilborn for a complete kit and they said on a blower boat it is not an issue because of the load the blower puts on the motor. The tech's name is Don at Hilborn, talk with him and get the scoop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts