1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
93 octane pump gas

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Our pump gas out west is 91. I agree though. I'm at 10:1 and running 91 pump gas. IMO running race gas with 9.5:1 is a waste of money.

Some would think it's crazy, but I'm spraying a 200 shot of N20 on pump gas. Been doing it for quite a few years now.
yea but you run an enrichment tank correct?

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
On a 9.5:1 compression should I be running vp c44 fuel or vp Motor sport 105L?
93/91 pump gas. Running race gas will cost you power because it's harder for your engine to burn it. At 9.5:1 the engine doesn't make enough compression to help burn the fuel. Mine is 13.5:1, and vise versa..if I ran 93/91 the gas would ignite too fast and it'd sound like an old 12 valve Cummins and rattle itself to death.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
My motor is 10.5 to 1 and runs on 91 all day long (Aluminum Heads). 250 Shot of nitrous with c16 in the enrichment tank.;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm running 91 with 10.5:1 and have been for a while now. Plugs are always perfect. In my opinion you're wasting money on race fuel. Those funds would be far more usefull if they were applied towards cocktails my friend.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Wow, so my 8.5:1 motor with av gas in the side tanks and 120 in the enrichment tank 6 degrees of retard on a 200 shot is safe then?:D
If I'm doing alright...............you're plenty safe. ;)

MSD dizzy with 10 degrees static advance and the blue bushing for a max mechanical of 21 degrees. Total timing is only 31 degrees. I'm probably only pulling 3 degrees of timing from what would be considered a normal 460 setting. Doesn't seem to hurt my off nitrous performance (at least from what I can tell).

You can all laugh at me and say "I told ya so" if/when she goes boom. :D

We gonna line em up this week Trev? You could have a front row seat for the fireworks.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
If I'm doing alright...............you're plenty safe. ;)

MSD dizzy with 10 degrees static advance and the blue bushing for a max mechanical of 21 degrees. Total timing is only 31 degrees. I'm probably only pulling 3 degrees of timing from what would be a normal 460 setting. Doesn't seem to hurt my off nitrous performance (at least from what I can tell).

You can all laugh at me and say "I told ya so" if/when she goes boom. :D
U going to be out this weekend?
We need to line up:)

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
i ran a 9.3-1 468 with 93 octane and 150 shot for years,no timing retard.

way over kill on 8.5 motor with a enrichment tank:p

but back to the main question hell run 89 octane if you want:)hand

1 - 15 of 15 Posts