Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trust your guy's opinions as much if not more than the other forums so I'll ask here.

Friend called me he's building a 15.5:1 600" BBF A-460 heads etc etc ...7,400 7,600 rpm no nitrous just the peddle. He's looking for C-16 or F&L with the F&L stuff he can save something like $200.00 per 55 gal drum. But I don't know if he needs C-16 maybe he can use C-14 or C-14+ since he's not going to run Nos. Any suggestions.........

Maybe Busby :)bulb

S CP :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
F&L ST 118 Octane. Good for high compression with n20. Several guys running it that I know of with good results around $10 a gallon. Might make less power than sp4, but if you rattle it even once.......

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
Over the years I've had good luck with VP products. C-14 would be a really good choice and plenty adaquate for his application. C-16 is overkill and a waste of $$.
Though I haven't used it, people who's opinion I trust (meaning they generally agree with me ;) )have good stuff to say about F&L. I had planned to try it before we switched to alcohol.

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Over the years I've had good luck with VP products. C-14 would be a really good choice and plenty adaquate for his application. C-16 is overkill and a waste of $$.
Though I haven't used it, people who's opinion I trust (meaning they generally agree with me ;) )have good stuff to say about F&L. I had planned to try it before we switched to alcohol.
+1

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. He had said C-16 and I thought that was over kill since he isn't going to use Nos. I think he's thinking it will give him a safety margin over C-12 he may not even know about C-14. After looking at a VP catalog the C-14 or C-14+ would seem adequate.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We ran that same combo in our hydro. C-25
"ran" past tense... do you still have the black hydro ?

Of the C-16, C-14, C-25 what's the cost difference ?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I trust your guy's opinions as much if not more than the other forums so I'll ask here.

Friend called me he's building a 15.5:1 600" BBF A-460 heads etc etc ...7,400 7,600 rpm no nitrous just the peddle. He's looking for C-16 or F&L with the F&L stuff he can save something like $200.00 per 55 gal drum. But I don't know if he needs C-16 maybe he can use C-14 or C-14+ since he's not going to run Nos. Any suggestions.........

Maybe Busby :)bulb

Cam specs and application would help.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cam specs and application would help.
2,800 lb drag car, 7,400 in the lights, cam has 114 lobe sep, dur at .050 is bigger than 292-306 and the lift is bigger than .850".

·
Administrator
16,895 Posts
Methanol DUH !!

100 bucks for a 55 gallon drum.

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
"ran" past tense... do you still have the black hydro ?

Of the C-16, C-14, C-25 what's the cost difference ?

We still have the boat. We ran P.E. with it. the reason for the high quality fuel was it was very consistant. We could put a 8.00 tune in it,or back it off to an 8.01 or .02 at any track, with any weather. We never had that sucess with any other fuel. Also, I am not a big fan of some of the dyes that are used in the fuel. Iam not sure about the cost, but i do know that the fuel was the cheapest part of racing an entire IHBA or NJBA schedule. We are no longer running this wedge head combo, nor the P.E. class with the IHBA. The new Hemi is going together for the 7.00 class with the NJBA.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
. The new Hemi is going together for the 7.00 class with the NJBA.
C&C Motorsport heads :)bulb

Nice how many inches ? Blower ?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Fuel Recommended for 15.5 Compression

DIESEL! :D :D jk

·
Distinguished Member
5,788 Posts
What the heck is going on here??? First GN uses a comment of mine as a sig and now Scott agrees with me with no qualification?? This can't possibly be right..... You guys aren't going soft on me now, are you??? :):)hand

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
14.5:1 with 62cc chambers with 350 nitrous hit on F&L ST (118), no problems and my plug readings are excellent this year. ST is the same as c16 now, just different color. Im a fan of c16 but no reason to throw money away, F&L works for me.

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
I've been using c12, does F&L have something comparable? I need to save a few bucks too!
I'm pretty sure F&L SP1 (111 oct) is comparable. My deal is 13:1 and thats what I run. $385.00 for 55gallons.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts