Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance guys!!

I have a new Aeromotive A2000 pump at 18lb. 10AN from tank to Reg. 8AN bypass to tank.
2 1080 Dominators' withe 6AN feeds.
Engine is pretty mild, BBC, 700 HP at the outside. I realize this is way overkill on the pump, but I got a good deal from a PB Member on it.

I am trying to pick out a 4 way regulator with 10AN O-ring in, 4x6AN o-ring out with guage hole.
There are several Aeromotive and Magnafuel ones with all these features.
Some are "Boost Control".
These are more expensive. They range from around $200.00 to $275.00.
What does this do, and do I need it?

Which Reg is the one I want??

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
13202 aeromotive and never look back, if its not turbo you really don't have to 1:1 ratio the regulator unless its getting lean up top.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even with the bypass on the pump?

I always thought that EITHER the pump or the Reg. needed the bypass.
Should I have a bypass Reg. with a bypass pump??

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I always thought that EITHER the pump or the Reg. needed the bypass.
Should I have a bypass Reg. with a bypass pump??
I don't have a bypass regulator and I've never experienced any issues. My stuff if BG but I don't think that makes a difference..

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys!!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
if you get the 13202, block the bypass at the pump;) i'm doin the same to my prostar 500 magnaflow pump. the 13202 is a bypass regulator and will handle any pump you put to it:)bulb i'd much rather have a shitload of volume goin thru my regulator than bypassing at the pump, but that's me:D

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if you get the 13202, block the bypass at the pump;) i'm doin the same to my prostar 500 magnafuel pump. the 13202 is a bypass regulator and will handle any pump you put to it:)bulb i'd much rather have a shitload of volume goin thru my regulator than bypassing at the pump, but that's me:D

Thanks!! That was my next question!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Todays high volume pumps move alot of fuel. If you are not moving (bypassing) enough of it, you end up heating up your fuel at the pump. It is ideal to bypass at both the pump and the reg. Check out Product Engineerings website and their regulator bypass system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts