Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if there was some reason why the fuel junction where both my lines from fuel tanks come together only allows fuel delivery from 1 tank at a time. Is there any kind of reason a person couldn't just use a T that draws off both tanks at same time? I'm getting old and lazy and see no reason to have to crawl to the back of my boat and burn myself on the headers switching the tanks over. (balance ain't what it used to be after a couple "tall boys"

·
Registered
344 Posts
the 2 reasons i draw mine seperatly are so i can use 1 kind of like a reserve. when i run out on 1 i know it's time to turn back. and if something goes wrong with 1 side and picks up an air leak you still can draw off the 2nd.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
the 2 reasons i draw mine seperatly are so i can use 1 kind of like a reserve. when i run out on 1 i know it's time to turn back. and if something goes wrong with 1 side and picks up an air leak you still can draw off the 2nd.
x2:)devil good advise!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I guess that fuel would flow from the higher tank to the lower one and maybe flood out through the filler line. Then air would get into the hose of the emptier tank and air-lock the fuel delivery if you are running a suction pump. not so bad if they are side tanks. Get a big fire extinguisher and a fire suit and try it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - makes sense - Firm beleiver in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Like I said - was just curious Hope the old lady don't bitch too loud when she burns herself!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 73 Sleek my dad owned and now my bro owns had a 3 position valve that could feed off of both tanks or each seperately. When my bro restored the boat he needed a new one but searched everywhere and never found one that would allow you to feed off both tanks so now it has the typical 2 position. From my recollection it worked fine feeding off both tanks, however it would end up burning more fuel out of one of the tanks. No probs with fuel delivery though. My Eliminator has the 2 position and I have always thought it would be nice to feed off both tanks to keep the weight distributed more evenly.

283 Posts
IF you tee it off right in the middle.You can run off both tanks.They will drain even. If you have a fuel gage in the tanks you will be able to read the level. If not use a flag stick. Ran off both tanks for years not a problem!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts