Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old sanger hydro fuel tanks were mounted to the hull with bolts counter sunk with stringer washers thru the hull from the bottom side. i dont know if this was factory from sanger like this but i felt is was the wrong way. anyway i am putting new tanks in my flat and was wondering what the right way to do this... i dont whant any holes in the floors, new tanks are alum round tube type with brkts. thanks for any help r/j

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
If I remember right Shaun here on the boards glassed some wood on the sides on his boat, then mounted the tanks to that. Or something like that.... I just did a search up in jets for "gas tank mounts" the thread I was thinking of came up on top started by lbhsbz. I guess he glassed the wood to the bottom of the boat. There is another idea or 2 in that thread also.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
my old sanger hydro fuel tanks were mounted to the hull with bolts counter sunk with stringer washers thru the hull from the bottom side. i dont know if this was factory from sanger like this but i felt is was the wrong way. anyway i am putting new tanks in my flat and was wondering what the right way to do this... i dont whant any holes in the floors, new tanks are alum round tube type with brkts. thanks for any help r/j
lots of boats were rigged that way from the factory,
Todd Griggs (ToddnJuzz) did a article in HB a few years ago
called "round peg in a square hole" or something like that.
is was a step by step how to article, I'll try and find it
and scan it for you.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
You could build some bulk heads and cut them so the tank sit's inside, like a saddle. And mount the straps to that. You could carpet them or gel coat them. Glass them in good and they will hold the tank full of fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts