Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm runnin a t tank in my Daytona tunnel, blown mechanical injection, I want to run the tank behind the engine and the pump is mounted on the front engine plate, my question is, will I have a problem with starving the pump?

·
Registered
196 Posts
as a general rule of thumb you want your tank higher than your pump so that it is gravity feed with no restriction if you put your tank on the rear of the engine make sure it is not lower than your pump at any point during our boats operation if it goes "DRY"at any point you risk scoring your pump, it might look a little silly with your surge tank way up in the back but if it doesn't starve the pump then go for it

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
I'm runnin a t tank in my Daytona tunnel, blown mechanical injection, I want to run the tank behind the engine and the pump is mounted on the front engine plate, my question is, will I have a problem with starving the pump?
Chris, I doubt you'll have problems. I run my tank in front of the motor and the fuel pump's on the back. When the tank is full, it's about 8" higher than the pump, when it's almost empty, it's below the pump by about the same. Haven't had any problems. You just want to make sure the pick up in the tank NEVER becomes uncovered. If you lose the prime, it will die and you'll have to reprime again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts