Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about using the spun aluminum fuel tanks that they use in the sandrails. I know you would have to add a flange for the fuel sender, ect.
I was looking at them, 160$ for 11 gal compared to imco for around 800$.
Just trying to decide if I want to replace the steel tanks or seal them with the POR15 kit before they go back in.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Has anyone thought about using the spun aluminum fuel tanks that they use in the sandrails. I know you would have to add a flange for the fuel sender, ect.
I was looking at them, 160$ for 11 gal compared to imco for around 800$.
Just trying to decide if I want to replace the steel tanks or seal them with the POR15 kit before they go back in.
I have a couple of friends that use tanks built for sandrails, the sand rail tanks are cheap, the tanks are tough, and the tanks are new. Great value IMO.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have used them

I have used them. I added a pickup tube inside rather than let the fuel come out at the bottom of the tank.

·
I'm No Expert
3,142 Posts
I've been looking around for tanks for a buddy and for the mini and i foudn this guy. www.coyote-gear.com They will custom make tanks and they arnt bad priced at all. What i would worry about with pre done tanks is that the feed would be in the bottom of the tank which i dont really like. For a all out race boat sure but for a river cruiser the idea of the fuel tank draining into my bildge scares me. The site above though does custom stuff and you can tell them where you want the fill, sender, pickups, etc. I'm pretty sure i'm getting tanks for the mini from them when the time comes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
have used the aluminum tanks in many applications for years without issues, have modified them per customer request. i know they are pricey you get what you pay for. when you lust for some of the best out there youll someday get the imco.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts