Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
2012-10-04_10-00-42_538.jpg 2012-10-04_10-00-47_354.jpg 2012-10-04_10-02-11_244.jpg
I got my new wear ring today. I attached a pic that shows the clearance.

Still hopeing someone may know why the two impellars are a little different (one shown in pics has a slight cut on each blade)

The one shown in these pics is the one i plan to use unless it is thought that the cut pieces will affect performance.

also looking for welder near elsinore that may be able to take a look at the bowl and see if it can be welded. Tom if you have any ideas PM me if you think you can put a berk nozzle adapter at the end on the new bowl?

thanks

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My father in law has a Funjet. He brought it over to my house so I can get it back together. I need to find parts for the motor, does anyone have any info on where a fuel pump can be found?
never satisfied also try deckjet water craft. there are a few others that have parts as well. all seem to be pretty easy to find once you know what to look for.

The wet bike uses alot of the same parts as the funjet. . thanks

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Now i was going to have to modify my old bowl towork and i will have to do the same with this one as well since it came off awet bike. i had a thought of welding a berk nozzle housing to it so i can mounta diverter if wanted but i am unsure if the 2 parts can be welded together. Ihad also thought of making a mount that i can bolt the nozzle adapter to buthave not thought of any clean ways to do it at this time
Friend of mine has a Funjet that he was was tinkering with for awhile & he did some mods to it somehow to put a hyd. Place diverter on it. He is a member here, but doesn't post much. I'll see if I can round him up so he can fill you in as to what he did. Pretty slick little rig. :happy:

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Please do. I want to know what is going on with that pump. and what is powering it.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
As far as power is concerned, I found this from his build thread on it:

Its the same pump they use on Wetbike's you remember the ones that had a ski in the front and rear. it has a 60hp Suzuki sitting on top of a 90 degree gearbox thats in the front part of the pump.

And if you feel like doing some reading, here is a link to the build thread:

Old Buck's Project "Mini Me"

Some of the pictures are gone, but there may be some useful info there at least, along with all the shit-talking, lol. Pretty sure the diverter/nozzle mod is in that thread. In the meantime I shot him a PM to let him know some people were asking about it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i cant believe i haven't seen this thread before!

the motor and pump you have is the same as the one on my boat, couple things i noticed about yours though, the intake pipes that you are asking about are actually exhaust pipes, the water intake is the small tube on the top of the bowl. i like how the exhaust has flanges welded on so you can pipe the exhaust where you want it, that is very cool.
i originally thought my engine and pump were from a funjet but i see some differences in your pump and motor than mine. do any of your bowls have "orcan pro" on them? my bowl has it down the side and my nozzle says it also, im wondering if it is an aftermarket like i think it is.

i would love to answer any questions you have, im glad i could find someone on here with a fun jet.
thanks bartel for posting on here so i could find the tread lol :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am just as courious as you are. And i want to know how he got that diverter nozzel on that pump

·
Registered
129 Posts
can you post some pictures of the bottom of the engine? where it is connected with the pump that it.

i just took a closer look at your motor and realized something. the can on the back of your motor should be for mixing water with the exhaust to cool the exhaust down before it goes though the rubber pipes and whatnot, however i see that where my pipe comes out of the can is the same but it then loops directly to where u have a rubber cap and somehow comes out the side of the pump.
i have never had my pump apart or separated from the engine so you know more about how it could possibly be routed than i do at this point. where did the pipe go after it left the can on the engine? and where do the pipes go that come out the side of the pump?

i think that what the pipes coming off your pump are for just coolant water and your exhaust is routed separately.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Speaking about the hells bells boat, that looks like a lot of engine/pump for a 60hp motor to be pushing around. How fast does that thing go. As far as execution and design that boat is OFF THE CHAIN, SIIIIICK! haha.

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Speaking about the hells bells boat, that looks like a lot of engine/pump for a 60hp motor to be pushing around. How fast does that thing go. As far as execution and design that boat is OFF THE CHAIN, SIIIIICK! haha.

I am also curious how the boat performed and if the diverter was worth the install. how high would it shoot a roost. it sounds like the motor and pump are the same as mine minus the diverter

·
Registered
129 Posts
i would think his should go at least 35, probably more, iv herd multiple accounts of the bigger and heaver jetstar going 35 so his boat should be somewhat faster, it is about the same length (10 ft if i remember correctly) and is much narrower than the jetstar,and the jetstar had many more "luxuries" to add weight, i would think he should hit 40 with no problem.

hey spam, any word on how the piping was ran off the engine?

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
i would think his should go at least 35, probably more, iv herd multiple accounts of the bigger and heaver jetstar going 35 so his boat should be somewhat faster, it is about the same length (10 ft if i remember correctly) and is much narrower than the jetstar,and the jetstar had many more "luxuries" to add weight, i would think he should hit 40 with no problem.

hey spam, any word on how the piping was ran off the engine?
2012-10-05_22-08-42_611.jpg attachs to plumbing pvc:confused: this will be changed. also notice the cap

2012-10-05_22-12-43_152.jpg this one exits out back
2012-10-05_22-08-54_112.jpg different angle from fitting off water box
2012-10-05_22-09-19_520.jpg pvc exits out back you can see the 1 of the pipes that are capped of in this pic the other is on the pump.

Note. I have not ran the boat other then got motor running on trailer before i pulled it. this was a mod the old owner did so i would verify as i if this is a usable method to route the pipes

·
Registered
129 Posts
View attachment 180538 attachs to plumbing pvc:confused: this will be changed. also notice the cap

View attachment 180541 this one exits out back
View attachment 180539 different angle from fitting off water box
View attachment 180540 pvc exits out back you can see the 1 of the pipes that are capped of in this pic the other is on the pump.

Note. I have not ran the boat other then got motor running on trailer before i pulled it. this was a mod the old owner did so i would verify as i if this is a usable method to route the pipes
he probably did that to get more noise, i dont think it really has much effect on performance, if you haven't figured it out the fitting off the water box normally goes to the part that is capped off next to it, not sure why the other pipe off the pump is capped off though.

i sent you a pm about the scoops :))THumbsUp

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
he probably did that to get more noise, i dont think it really has much effect on performance, if you haven't figured it out the fitting off the water box normally goes to the part that is capped off next to it, not sure why the other pipe off the pump is capped off though.

i sent you a pm about the scoops :))THumbsUp
yes from water box it went to cap below. the otherone capped off the jet went out were the one from the water box was routed to.

There is a wetbike forum. those guys seem to have some parts as well as a place called deck jet i beleave they seemed to have all the parts needed

DeckJet Watercrafts

·
Registered
129 Posts
ahh ok make perfect scene now that you say it lol.

and what a coincidence u mention the wetbike forum, i obviously didnt read ^ that ^ post before i sent you that last pm lol :happy: we seem to be on the same page every time we talk lol.

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok Devilman said yall wanted to see some more pics!

You can also go to WWW.WETBIKE.NET and there are a bunch of guys there that will offer tons of help!:happy:
Oldbuck thanks for the pics. was the diverter worth the install? was the nozzle adapter bolted or welded to the bowl?

Pictures of scoop mounting to the intake. 2 bolts mount to intake the other 2 through bolt.

2012-10-13_12-29-47_641.jpg
2012-10-13_12-30-01_361.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oldbuck thanks for the pics. was the diverter worth the install? was the nozzle adapter bolted or welded to the bowl?

Pictures of scoop mounting to the intake. 2 bolts mount to intake the other 2 through bolt.

View attachment 181339
View attachment 181340
hmm i would not have guessed it would be mounted like that. it seems like it should be bolted to the holes that are back farther. thats what it seems like to me atleast lol

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
pump.jpg been doing a little work on getting the pump ready to paint. looks cools bare metal but i would think it would get old to polish it in the little compartment.

what type of paint should i use? any ideas

anybody know any welders in the lake elsinore area that may be interested in welding the nozzle adapter to the bowl.

besides the nozzle i need to locate a few gaskets and paint pump and i can put back into the boat.

i still have not decided if i will paint the boat it self

21 - 40 of 50 Posts