Performance Boats Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
dose anyone around you do powder coating ? that would be a nice way to go but probably a little over kill. to be honest if you are painting it black i would just go with a rattle can because of how well the paint adheres to everything and is pretty durable. i wouldn't go with any sort of car paint unless you are going for looks. if u are going for looks i would use adhesion promoter and a single stage paint, not a base/clear coat system. and i wouldn't worry about heat to much ether. the front of the pump will probably be the hottest if u are concerned though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parts

Project looks like a good one and also lot of fun. I was going to do this to a jon boat but got a bigger project so therefore I have a complete motor and jet drive that is taking up some space in my shed. Pm me for details and pictures if ya might be interested.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oldbuck thanks for the pics. was the diverter worth the install? was the nozzle adapter bolted or welded to the bowl?

Pictures of scoop mounting to the intake. 2 bolts mount to intake the other 2 through bolt.

View attachment 181339
View attachment 181340
The adapter had a aluminum ring welded to it and was also bolted to the bowl with 6 bolts. you ask if the diverter was worth it? why sure it was! your going to find out those little Suzuki motors dont have a ton of power on take off so yea with it full down it helps a ton getting the boat up on plane. I do also know i need a longer ride plate to keep the nose down when i trim up,,other wise it lifts the pump out of the water lol

·
small member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The adapter had a aluminum ring welded to it and was also bolted to the bowl with 6 bolts. you ask if the diverter was worth it? why sure it was! your going to find out those little Suzuki motors dont have a ton of power on take off so yea with it full down it helps a ton getting the boat up on plane. I do also know i need a longer ride plate to keep the nose down when i trim up,,other wise it lifts the pump out of the water lol
thanks for the input Oldbuck.

i am just waiting on some gaskets to put pump back in and motor. i may have to make the gaskets my self. Still trying to figure if i will paint this season. The pump is put back together for the most part.

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks for the input Oldbuck.

i am just waiting on some gaskets to put pump back in and motor. i may have to make the gaskets my self. Still trying to figure if i will paint this season. The pump is put back together for the most part.
I was gonna let you know that you can take those two plates in the pump that are perforated out before you bolt the engine back on! they were just there in the exhaust to make it a little quieter! my funjet is not very loud at all:happy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what i can tell the pump is a Morita. Seems parts are hard to come by from a thread i came across. There is a small glimmer of hope as i found 2 websites that may be able to help and also may have found a complete pump and motor set up for it of the same make.
I am also rebuilding the same jet drive, on a 87 fun jet , with a Suzuki 60 , got the motor running, trying to find Morita jet pump parts , can you please help thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked this up and have absolutely Zero knowledge on these. I have high hopes for using it as a pleasure boat. Any info would be appreciated.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts