Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Gaffrig Analog GPS speedo on my '90 Checkmate Pulse 211,
My question is: What are my options for mounting the antenna? Obviously it needs a clear view of the sky, but can it be mounted sideways in the motor well? I'm assuming not, but it is kind of big and I don't want to kill the lines of the boat.
Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
I installed my GPS antenna under the deck, behind the dash. I just found a bolt that was used to through-bolt my windshield and mounted a bracket to it that I made out of aluminum for the antenna . Worked fine until the battery in the antenna went out....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally had time to install the speedo. It doesn't work, all it did was go up to 90 (max) and then back to zero. I know I have power to it because the light is lit. I tried taking the antenna out from under the dash and held it in the open just in case, still nothing. I wired it by the diagram don't know what else it could be. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the problem. I'm an idiot. I didn't want to mess with the key switch, so I wired it off of the switch that turns my fuel gauge on and off. It's the line returning from the sender so it didn't have enough voltage. Hooked it up the right way off of the switch and it works great. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.