Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 extra gallon of prestec super-clear. Purchased on 4/9/09 never opened (still has metal locks on the lid) and stored in a fridge. I paid 93.50 for the clear, 4.50 for the hardner, tax and shipping. will sale for 75 with hardner plus shipping.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wondering if this stuff can be sprayed over a acrylic clear??
I believe so but I'm not sure, I will check with the manufacture

is this anything like the duratec clear? it is a gel coat correct?
yes it is similar, it's pretty much a competing product with duratec. it's used for a multiple of things, Its not really exactly a gel but it is used over gel and will cure gel, it can also be used over paints and bare wood/glass it's commonly used as a floor coating clear because it dries hard can be buffed but resisit damage. the manufacutre says it is compatable with alot of substartes but recomends testing application first. I have personally used it over gel and over urethane auto products with no problems.

here is a picture of a sanger i just did, black prestec over poly urethane primer with prestec super clear clear over it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well yes i can definatly use it, as i was just about to order a gal of duratec to recoat the liquid limo. id actually rather try this stuff as i noticed the duratec browns alot more than regular clear gel. let me know what you want for it and i will PM you my address and such. as for the drive line, man i was just glad i was able to help get you on the water. it was so cool seeing you make that trip. thanks..victor

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
It's easy to use and it looks great. Make sure you spray to manufactures spec. I used this as my clear over my blue gell and the UV rays are playing havoc on it. Each trip it's getting worse and flakeing off. I dont think i sprayed it at the 5 mil spec in this one area, so it's touch up time. The rest of the boat is awesome!

If I was ready to do the touch up, I would be all over this.

Free bump......:)devil

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's easy to use and it looks great. Make sure you spray to manufactures spec. I used this as my clear over my blue gell and the UV rays are playing havoc on it. Each trip it's getting worse and flakeing off. I dont think i sprayed it at the 5 mil spec in this one area, so it's touch up time. The rest of the boat is awesome!

If I was ready to do the touch up, I would be all over this.

Free bump......:)devil

ya it does have to be applied to a certian thickness otherwise you could have problems. it only uses a small amount of hardner, something like 1% so you need the build to get it to harden properly and be durable. but it has an awsome shine, sprays amazing, truely is almost a use as sprayed finish, (I still buffed it though).

Futs i have a little less then a gallon in a opened can left over as well I'm going to use it to redo my bilge area this coming winter, When your ready PM me i'll have some left over and you can have it so it doesn't go to waste, it's fridge stored so it should still be good in a few months.

This gallon is Gone to a good home, good luck with your project victor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts