Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive had this pain in my upper right abdomen and after umpteen visits and every pill and diagnosis in the book they finally take a look inside and......Gallstones WTF..I'm only 29 and in good health..so they want to take out the Gall bladder.I Freakin' hate doctors is there anything else I can do......

·
Registered
156 Posts
The problem with not taking it out is one day you'll have an attack that will really bend you over with pain. My 78 year old mother just had the operation last thursday--laproscopic, out patient. Went in at 7:00am, out by 1:00, up and around Saturday, and out to Sunday dinner the next day. Big difference from when my son (age 11) had his removed 12 years ago--ended up being a 7 day hospital stay and 2+ week recouperation period.

·
Old Member
48 Posts
So Ive had this pain in my upper right abdomen and after umpteen visits and every pill and diagnosis in the book they finally take a look inside and......Gallstones WTF..I'm only 29 and in good health..so they want to take out the Gall bladder.I Freakin' hate doctors is there anything else I can do......
Step dad just had is removed a month ago. Was no big deal he said.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Holy shitt, let me tell you, you will cry like a girl on her first period when you get attacked!

Trying being in the fetal position for a few hours!!!

Its cake now to remove it, four holes in the belly, and they yank the little sucker out your belly button.

Had it done years ago.

Starts out like a little gas pain...cant fart...cant crap, and then it kicks in and grab the bible, you and the big guy will have some serious conversation!!!:D

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
Have them take it out. You'll be glad you did. Your liver does all the work, the gall bladder is just a storage yard for the bile your liver overproduces. They almost took mine out, but then the attacks went away. I'm sure they'll be back someday. Until they take it out, don't eat any fat. Nothing over 4 grams. You'll be in a lot less pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts