Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
garcia bend to discovery park today ?

i want to go to discovery park today from garcia bend . anyone interested? maybey @ 3:30 to 4:00? ..............not going out. gotta crack in the hull:mad:

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I'd love to join you but I've got to change and flush my oil pan. I had the header water on full and got water in the oil. Also a water leak around my steering cable. I've been down with a cold so I haven't gotten around to the fixes. Hope you have fun.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i want to go to discovery park today from garcia bend . anyone interested? maybey @ 3:30 to 4:00?

Shit i wish i saw this earlier!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
i want to go to discovery park today from garcia bend . anyone interested? maybey @ 3:30 to 4:00? ..............not going out. gotta crack in the hull:mad:
whats up paul, what happen to the boat, did you get your new turbos, run it yet

·
Registered
981 Posts
looks like if i go it might be a little later:)sphss

How experianced are you with tuning turbo motors??? im no novice mechanic i know my way around an engine pretty well, just inexperianced with that subject.

Im really thinking about building a 468 turbo motor.. Just unfamiliar with turbos.. After seeing that sb chevy turbo jetboat, it got my mind thinkin.. That boat got my attention real fast.. id really like to be in the 80+mph range to be happy.

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats up paul, what happen to the boat, did you get your new turbos, run it yet
i was gonna get them early next week but i just found a crack in the bottom of my hull. i may just do a super fast repair on the trailer for a month of testing if i think i can do it half right . it doesnt go though its at a double layer area under the stringer. how you doing?

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How experianced are you with tuning turbo motors??? im no novice mechanic i know my way around an engine pretty well, just inexperianced with that subject.

Im really thinking about building a 468 turbo motor.. Just unfamiliar with turbos.. After seeing that sb chevy turbo jetboat, it got my mind thinkin.. That boat got my attention real fast.. id really like to be in the 80mph range to be happy.
i am pretty good i guess :p . my boat now goes a whopping 77.9 max speed without the turbos. i think the overlap in the cam & 8.5 to 1 is really sucking the h.p down. i am over 20mph slower:)st

·
Registered
981 Posts
i am pretty good i guess :p . my boat now goes a whopping 77.9 max speed without the turbos. i think the overlap in the cam & 8.5 to 1 is really sucking the h.p down. i am over 20mph slower:)st
im at 70 mph with a 468 olds.. 10:1 comp motor is nothin special.. Im really suprised at what i got out of it though.

We should hookup sometime and shoot the shit, interested in peekin at another turbo v8.. I need a winter project lol..

8.5:1 huh i dont think i woulda went that low, but then again you can run a bit more boost. How is it outa the hole on boost?

·
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im at 70 mph with a 468 olds.. 10:1 comp motor is nothin special.. Im really suprised at what i got out of it though.

We should hookup sometime and shoot the shit, interested in peekin at another turbo v8.. I need a winter project lol..

8.5:1 huh i dont think i woulda went that low, but then again you can run a bit more boost. How is it outa the hole on boost?
sure thing, i'm in south sac near garcia bend.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Have you got room to pull the motor and flip the boat over? If that crack is right under a stringer, I don't know how you can reinforce the interior.

·
huge member
232 Posts
Gawnca

You must live by bob on south watt and florin road and close to RAH Electrical? Bob is the guy with about 7 v drives in his front of his property.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts