Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone called from another dealership to make a dealer trade with us for another truck, and they said gas jumped to 4.70 a gallon there this mornin. don't know if the fella was full of shiat or not, but i'm filling up tonite:mad:

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Gasoline? .......I'm paying a little more than a buck less than that right now, doubt it's jumping that much over night...

RTJas

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
This is from my market summary I get each day:

"...The price of crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange lost more than 1% to $100.87 a barrel. But gasoline futures surged 3% as Hurricane Ike strengthened in the Gulf of Mexico."

This might be what your friend was talking about

·
Registered
103 Posts

"...The price of crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange lost more than 1% to $100.87 a barrel. But gasoline futures surged 3% as Hurricane Ike strengthened in the Gulf of Mexico."

I knew you were a nerd when I saw you cleaning your boat on the lake.

·
minnesota x fight 29
28 Posts
[email protected] how much where you are????

im driving from minnesota out to havasu for the advantage regatta im sure ill be paying out of my short to get there. we have been driving out for along time and its not getting any better:mad::mad::mad:

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

no, he said 4.70 a gallon. i filled up on the way home and paid 3.57 a gallon for unleaded. ike is gonna phuck up galveston and the texas coast pretty bad, i can gaurantee prices will jump over 4bucks by the weekend if ike hits at a 3 :)sphss

·
Registered
157 Posts
76 station on the corner of Commonwealth / Raymond in Fullerton, Ca. is $ 3.79 a gallon for Diesel today.

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
I filled up tonight on the way home for 3.79 a gallon for diesel.

Arco at 99th and Glendale.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
NBC4's Today in LA just had their "gas price forecast".......they have been correct for the last two months and say 5-17cent increase for the LA/SoCal area by Monday. Fill up today or tomorrow but not Sunday or Monday they are saying......they think By early next week they'll know if we're heading for record highs.

RTJas :D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
18 cent jump here this mornin at the same station i got gas at last nite on th way home, its 3.75 for unleaded:mad:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
This is the same illegal chit as when 9/11 occured!!:mad:

Raising prices on based on unfounded speculations.

"Hey, I think 80% of the cows are going to die next week. I better triple the price of milk!"

Yes, this is my first post. :)hand This news gets me charged up.:):)punch

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
It'll go back up after the election.
The speculators are back,, the red flag:

There are few if any oil "repeat this transaction on a future contract" deals happening at the Merc. And: fewer tranactions where the money is being made liquid. Called a cash delivery in the biz. = speculation IMHO.

I''m just a rank, dipsh#t, non-authority, penny ante armchair investor, but this to me is a tell of things to come.

Our next president may just be a one term president over the price at the pump if they don't get their heals to clickin'.

·
You who rock I salute you
3,339 Posts
My dips#it predictions:

The China economy will falter.
The India economy will falter worse.
That will ease oil demand a little as USA demand picks back up = A PUSH.

As long as oil is at least $55 a BBl, their will be big production and exploration will continue.

At $85 to $90 minimum per bbl we won't see gas lines nor will OPEC cut back output like they announced they will from time to time.

What OPEC says they're doing with production, and what they really do are quite different.
Money talks.

What will change it all for our good is if the US adopts a good energy policy that stops speculators & benefits the US consumer first,,, other than the world oil market.
Also:
Anwar comes on stream in 4 years or less + Prudhoe bay oil pipeline comes back on stream 100%.
Build more refineries around the USA.
Hurricanes stay under cat 3.

Just one lonely investors humble take.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Still $3.63 @ 76 for 87....at Valley View & Chapman in the OC....as of a few minutes ago.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts