Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2. Square aluminum gas tanks fiberglassed in our hull and one of them is leaking at the seam like where the top of the tank bends to go to the bottom. I've tried this shitty seal all from ace hardware and this epoxy gas tank repair which worked for one weekend but can back this weekend. I know the best way to repair this is to weld them up but I wanted to try and repair it for now. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Boat Nut
4,935 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Boat Nut
4,935 Posts
Yes use it on a regular basis on aircraft, fuel tanks are intrical to the wings (wet wing) keeps the gas / fuel in place. Similar formulas are used for bulkhead sealant for pressurization in aircraft. It's our industry standard for sealants.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I would have to order this from the website cause no other place carries this like ahardware store?

Yes use it on a regular basis on aircraft, fuel tanks are intrical to the wings (wet wing) keeps the gas / fuel in place. Similar formulas are used for bulkhead sealant for pressurization in aircraft. It's our industry standard for sealants.

·
Boat Nut
4,935 Posts
So I would have to order this from the website cause no other place carries this like ahardware store?
you are correct..... here are other type of repair kits, but don't know how they will work. If there is movement at the crack, the prc is still flexable enough as not to rupture once again. I'm in the type of industry were there is no trial and error, either it works or don't, and repairs must be deemed aceptable. This stuff is more than likely a permanent fix for you, resulting in you not needing to pull the tank for repair. Bottom line it's way over kill for a repair, once done you can forget about it. JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.