Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems my tanks in my 76 rogers need replacing.:)st Anyone know if i can buy replacements or am i looking at custom build tanks ? who sells the aluminun cyl tanks? I've also seen a company that claims to "line" tanks , is this a worthy repair?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
seems my tanks in my 76 rogers need replacing.:)st Anyone know if i can buy replacements or am i looking at custom build tanks ? who sells the aluminun cyl tanks? I've also seen a company that claims to "line" tanks , is this a worthy repair?
What dimensions? I have some really nice bullet tanks for sale....

Did yours have brackets or tabs? Mine have brackets, I went a different direction and need to get rid of these.

GT :)hand

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts

Aluminum? how bad are the tanks, if aluminum they can be welded and patched easily. If they are glass tanks, time to change them out

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure the dimentions right now. they look like tabs glassed onto the hull . pm me GT with more info :)devil

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't pulled them yet ,but they look pretty rusty ,so I think trying to patch would be a losing battle,don't you?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we have the same boat:)devil:)devil! did you get factory replacments or the ss round ones? I was just on thieir site,the ss round ones are almost $900.do they have the plans for a 76 rogers bonniville;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
we have the same boat:)devil:)devil! did you get factory replacments or the ss round ones? I was just on thieir site,the ss round ones are almost $900.do they have the plans for a 76 rogers bonniville;)
I sent them drawings. I may still have the paper work, if thats the case i'll send them to you.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The tanks in my rogers where pretty messed up when i bought it and I tore em out and "lined" them with a 3 step process I found for about $80 about 8 years ago. worked great for a fraction of the cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts