Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we've all asked and seen how things are laid out, now how about one for your dash as it relates to your gauges lay out. And explain why you decided on what you did. Pictures would be nice as well.

· Registered
320 Posts
I set mine up in order by which one i felt was more important. (most important = most visable)

so mine goes volt meter farthest away = least important and you usually don't have to read it at WOT

then water = close enough to see clearly but doesn't take priority since you only need to glance at the approx needle location to know it's good or not.

then oil= perfect for visibility at any speed, easy to read all the time

then tach = slightly closer to the steering wheel but a larger gauge so easy to read at all speeds.

and last fuel= almost slighty obstructed by the steering wheel but still visible but you only have to look at it on occasion.

i reused the original holes or otherwise I would have shifted all the gauges more tot he right but really you can see them all pretty easily while driving.

I set this one up similar. this one has a very unique steering system which also allowed for an hour meter and fuel gauge to be mounted in the streering support. then key switch, oil, tach, water, volt.

· Glendale Arizona
2,216 Posts
I used pretty much the same logic as Tahitijet last year when I rigged the gullwing.

Oil pressure closest to the steering wheel (and my eyes). Then the tach, water temp, and volts. Left room for a nitrous gauge and it'll be the fartherst away by the grab handle. Pull type switches and the ignition close the wheel so I don't have to reach far for anything.

The old setup plugged and ready to be glassed.

Patched, painted and re-drilled.

Everything in.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
I am pretty sure Hellen Keller layed out mine as there is no rhym or reason behind them.. HOwever there are a ton of them.. :D Note the lone vacum gauge on the left side of the wheel.

· What the Hell is That?
1,586 Posts
Here is mine;

Vacuum on the left, followed by oil pressure,tach,Water temp, amp meter.

· 21 Daytona
5,017 Posts
here's mine. originally had tach, speedo,H2O temp
oil pressure, fuel level and volts. I added
boost, oil temp and fuel pressure below the original 4.

I also have an Autometer AFR gauge that will be mounted below the dash since it's not waterproof
and it's digital, figured I could see it better if it wasn't in direct light.

Added angle bezels too.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Holes in my dash were already drilled for 2 inch gauges when I got the boat. Luckily there was enough room to enlarge them and throw all the auto meters in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.