Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy was in my boat and noticed that when the ignition is off, all my gauges are pinned to the top.
I checked 4 other boats that were with us and all of their gauges drop when the key is turned off.
Is this normal for the needle/indicator to go up?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what brand.
Advantage has the front custom done to include the "Advantage" logo.
I can't see anything on the back to determine what brand they are.

I know that I have an electrical problem between my dash and the main fuse panel. Just need to figure out what and where.

I have the older red light up rocker switches on my dash for the blower, bilge, etc.

The switches have been intermittent as far as lighting up when on. I noticed that if I turn them on/off a couple times they start to work and the volts on the gauge also jump up to about 13.

I just put a new alternator in and I'm still having times that the gauge is only reading about 10-12 volts with none of the accessories on.

I think that I may have a bad ground or something.

·
265 Posts
Gauges

It sounds like you have a couple of problems. The gauges might be BEEDE. The needle has lay at some point when it does not have power, so that might be the case here. I would check the 12 pin engine connector (main plug) and also check all the ground connections. The switches, if they are the ones I think they are they just go bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts