Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and Revenue Policing ..... !!!

New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide:

Americans who slap $1 pricetags on their used possessions at garage sales or bazaar events risk being slapped with fines of up to $15 million, thanks to a new government campaign.

More here : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552021,00.html

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
did ya read the article?

its for recalled items, especially kids toys.

I did read the article, did you? Because it ALSO states, toys that contain levels of lead in which are no longer acceptable. So, now if you want to sell your kids toys etc.... then you have to look up each individual toy to see if its banned, and also this now goes back to the kids dirtbikes. Im all for standards on kids toys, but some of these are completely rediculous. I also noted that the article stated the 15 mill wasnt based towards the garage sales, but more towards companies like Mattel. Still, knowing that now I am open to a lawsuit for selling my kids dirtbike or toy, basically means that you are sitting on $0, that could potentially be a couple thousand in a time of financial need. Makes me not want to buy my kids anything over $20 out of fear that some dumbarse law will be made ini which I wont be able to get rid of it later if need be.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
It is all about control. :mad:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
did ya read the article?

its for recalled items, especially kids toys.
Nope. Sorry.
Question 2: I work part‐time in my home making clothes and toys for kids. Am I affected by this law?
Yes, the law covers all manufacturers and importers ‐‐ large and small, domestic and foreign. All businesses, including handmade toy and apparel makers, crafters, those making charitable donations, and other small business must take appropriate steps to be sure that their products conform to all aspects of the law and safety standards, including the new lead content and phthalates limits (for more on phthalates, see question #10) and mandatory toy standards.
READ:
Guide to the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
(CPSIA)
for Small Businesses, Resellers, Crafters and Charities
http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/smbus/cpsiasbguide.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts