Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me ?? , with a half dozen phone lines I get telemarketing calls every fricken day they are relentessly annoying :))ThumbsDwn

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
When I had my Cyl. Head shop I would stop them and ask for their billing info. It went like this:

ME "Good afternoon, Tom's Cylinder heads"

Him: "good afternoon! This is Joe at Acme whatever, How are you today?"

ME "Good, Joe"

HIM "Tom, I want to talk to you about our widget that.."

ME "Hold on Joe, I'm going to need some billing information from you"

HIM "excuse Me?"

ME "Joe, I'm a consultant that charges $150.00 an hour. Lets get your credit card info and then you can talk as long as you like. card number please, Joe."

HIM "click....."

·
Registered
656 Posts
When I had my Cyl. Head shop I would stop them and ask for their billing info. It went like this:

ME "Good afternoon, Tom's Cylinder heads"

Him: "good afternoon! This is Joe at Acme whatever, How are you today?"

ME "Good, Joe"

HIM "Tom, I want to talk to you about our widget that.."

ME "Hold on Joe, I'm going to need some billing information from you"

HIM "excuse Me?"

ME "Joe, I'm a consultant that charges $150.00 an hour. Lets get your credit card info and then you can talk as long as you like. card number please, Joe."

HIM "click....."
Im gonna try this! Great idea Thanks thatguy.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
They've been calling me a lot lately too. I do some phone prospecting myself so have a heart for someone just trying to make a buck, but they are selling crappy searches. I tell them if they can get me the number one position for xyz, I'll take it, but there is no way I'm paying for a five word search that only a couple people have ever used.

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
i just set the phone down and let them go through their script. Hang up when I hear the off the hook sound.

When the kids were little I would ask them if they wanted to talk on the phone and give it to them.

·
metalwax mike
1,696 Posts
ITS NOT GOOGLE ! Its SEO companies posing as Google trying to get your business Website to sign with them for better search rankings.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
awesome idea

i just set the phone down and let them go through their script. Hang up when I hear the off the hook sound.

When the kids were little I would ask them if they wanted to talk on the phone and give it to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts