Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for one that will allow access to the cam, a two piece, easy to find for the gen IV and VI, but no luck with the gen V.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gen 4 and 5 will cross and fit both blocks. gen 6 has 6 bolts and only fits that.
Why is it then Gen V timing cover, and gasket, are different part numbers, than Gen IV. Every where I look I see this, what are the differences?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think the gen 5 cover is oringed as the gen 4 is a gasket, but both have the same bolt pattern.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
I think the gen 5 cover is oringed as the gen 4 is a gasket, but both have the same bolt pattern.
THE FRONT OF A GEN 4 IS DIFFERENT THAN A 5 ON THE PAN... ONE IS WIDE AND FLAT THE OTHER IS THIN AND INSERTS ,, SAME BOLT PATTERN DIFFERENT PAN SEALING AREA...

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
THE FRONT OF A GEN 4 IS DIFFERENT THAN A 5 ON THE PAN... ONE IS WIDE AND FLAT THE OTHER IS THIN AND INSERTS ,, SAME BOLT PATTERN DIFFERENT PAN SEALING AREA...
Correct totally different seal radius. Mark 4 is its own animal. A Gen 5/6 share the same seal raduis but the design of the covers is different.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's looking like the mythical Gen V, 2 piece timing cover does not exist. As long as it's for a boat it's not spendy :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts