Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent cared for the bracket I have for my throttle cable (single 4bbl) and was curious of what some of you guys are using on your engines.

Thanks in advance...........john

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I used a similar bracket but built my own cable bracket from a piece of 1/2" aluminum
it has a set screw to hold the cable and is drilled and tapped for the mounting screws

·
Registered
726 Posts
here is what i used, it started as a "scoop mount bracket" from jegs, they are orignally desinged to hold a big fiberglass scoop but i run a small polished aluminum one. I wantd something that would go under the carb and have vertical supports I could connect to the scoop to hold it straight. But in my search i found this thing, it was good for me because it also had a throttle cable integrated.

Works for me, and I thought it was cool. I still need to modify it a bit but it's working good thus far. Here is the link; JEGS Performance Products 55015 JEGS Scoop Mount and Tray for Dragsters

Here are a couple pics, one from the front and one from the back, sorry they are not the best quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
carb brackett

might want to check jegs and summitt they both have similiar brackets that i have used that for those that want or need also incorporate an adjustable return spring bracket on them and have the cable retainer with them. .02

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
might want to check jegs and summitt they both have similiar brackets that i have used that for those that want or need also incorporate an adjustable return spring bracket on them and have the cable retainer with them. .02
Just FYI, I tried one from Jegs first and it would not work for me. My cable pushes from the front. The brackets from Jegs would not clear the accelerator pump arm when turned that direction.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Just FYI, I tried one from Jegs first and it would not work for me. My cable pushes from the front. The brackets from Jegs would not clear the accelerator pump arm when turned that direction.
Mine had same problem....a little clearance work with a grinder fixed that puppy right up........:)devil
Being able to buy parts that bolt right on takes all the fun out of it:)sphss

Not to jack the thread but can anybody explain the purpose of a push throttle as opposed to a pull throttle?
Aside from maybe being able to reach down and pull the pedal up
if the throttle sticks........if my throttle sticks my first move is go for
the kill switch....
I can't think of anything else that uses a cable to push the throttle open.......cables usually pull the load, spring return.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
When I switched to a domi...I had the same accelerator clearance issue dealio. I just spun 1/2" nuts to hold the carb down....then put the bracket on top of the nuts...followed by another pair of nuts.:)sphss I didn't see any other way around it.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Looks like most, except for Paul are running the cable from the front. I've been running mine from the back which with a Holley puts the linkage way up there and the run of the mill brackets available local make the attachment too far back to reach. Gonna have to check out those combo ones like you guys posted up. They may work fine. Thanks again........john

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Mine had same problem....a little clearance work with a grinder fixed that puppy right up........:)devil
Being able to buy parts that bolt right on takes all the fun out of it:)sphss

Not to jack the thread but can anybody explain the purpose of a push throttle as opposed to a pull throttle?
Aside from maybe being able to reach down and pull the pedal up
if the throttle sticks........if my throttle sticks my first move is go for
the kill switch....
I can't think of anything else that uses a cable to push the throttle open.......cables usually pull the load, spring return.
The push is popular due to clearance between the pedal and bulkhead

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Thanks everyone. Looks like most, except for Paul are running the cable from the front. I've been running mine from the back which with a Holley puts the linkage way up there and the run of the mill brackets available local make the attachment too far back to reach. Gonna have to check out those combo ones like you guys posted up. They may work fine. Thanks again........john
John mine was originally from the front
I bought a longer cable and flipped the throttle body around so I could come in from the back to avoid the blower belt
I got my bracket from Eddie marine
If you want me to build one of the cable holders let me know

Sent from my iPhone

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
The side plate we make will flip either direction for push or pull. No slots either (a stiffness thing)

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the posts. I've got some ideas now.

If you want me to build one of the cable holders let me know
Thanks so much Paul. That's really nice of you but my boats not worthy of your craftsmanship. A glob of JB Weld is more like what my pile deserves...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks so much Paul. That's really nice of you but my boats not worthy of your craftsmanship. A glob of JB Weld is more like what my pile deserves...[/QUOTE]

Your full of crap! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts