Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking Santa for one of these:

but my boat has this:

I will be facing the shotgun forward...but how can I get the side to side throttle movement to push the butterflies forward and back?

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Spin the carb around.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
If you can find a surplus Enderle tunnel ram or blower linkage setup, rob the standoffs, heim joints and levers. Should be reasonably doable.

The parts are available separately from GoodVibes Racing.

Good luck..........john

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you can find a surplus Enderle tunnel ram or blower linkage setup, rob the standoffs, heim joints and levers. Should be reasonably doable.

The parts are available separately from GoodVibes Racing.

Good luck..........john
Ya, here you go. Use the parts given here. Extend the linkage so you have a rod that moves side to side(between your cold pipes) with your current linkage. Use the standoffs, heim joints and levers to convert the direction of movement of the rod mentioned.:)hand

·
Registered
335 Posts
that was speedways recommendation as well, I must just be stupid because I don't get it at all.
Don't feel stupid! :) When I wanted to mount my 750's inline and NOT sideways, i was chided and teased that it was not possible.

SOOO I ordered carb spacers AND a sideways throttle linkage from Summit ($165). A little time with those parts, a few Corona's, and the carbs on the kitchen table and I made it work from that, along with a few pieces of aluminum strap, a sawzall, grinder and drill. Voila! Inline, facing each other, 750's AND opens the butterflys on the scoop as well. Works great, and is the most interesting throttle linkage I've seen yet (Until I get the blown, Crower injected and Hilborn pumped deal all together).

Can be done probably easier than you think.

Ray

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts

Let's see if I can do this.
Try picking up or making a couple of the standoffs. That's the black pieces that have the Heim joints attached. These go on the carb mounting studs on the secondary side of the carb.

Get a piece of serrated shaft and pass it through the Heim joints. With this approach the rod should be running below your secondary float bowl.

Pick up a couple of these to lock and locate the shaft so it doesnt slide back and fourth in the Heim joints.

Pick up a couple of these....

Put them on the end of the shaft with one in line with the carb linkage and one in line with the lever on the scoop.

Pick up a couple of rods with some Heim Joints (Right and Left hand threads) and run on rod from your linkage on the carb to the first lever youve mounted on the rod.

Run the other rod from the scoop lever down the the remaining lever you mounted on the rod.

So, what I guess I'm trying to say, is when you open the throttle the rod will push and rotate the shaft which will in turn rotate the lever that is attached to the scoop down thereby opening up the scoop.

Leave it alone!! That new scoop you want is going to look gay!!
???? Not sure if I can agree with you but then again, to each their own. It might be because I'm sorta partial to them...:D

Here's a couple in service...

Cyclones from a few years back before he went to the darkside

Some pile from up north....

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
that was speedways recommendation as well, I must just be stupid because I don't get it at all.
The bell crank (blue) allows you to redirect left right (red) movement to front back (green) movement. Connect the red linkage to the carb throttle shaft. Connect the green linkage to the scoop.

That scoop is a nice piece as is your boat. You might want to fab something that looks a little nicer than the Mr. G bell crank but you get the concept.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leave it alone!! That new scoop you want is going to look gay!!
are we talking Adam Lambert gay, or Portia DeRossi gay? :)

say what you want...but I think with that scoop laying over the intercooler...it is going to look sweet.

Sounds like the bell crank will work, a bit cheaper than the blower parts...just when I was looking at the picture, I didn't see how it converted the motion.

I also want to replace the mount on my intercooler with a dominator flange. right now I am using an adapter which is a bit hokey.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The bell crank (blue) allows you to redirect left right (red) movement to front back (green) movement. Connect the red linkage to the carb throttle shaft. Connect the green linkage to the scoop.

That scoop is a nice piece as is your boat. You might want to fab something that looks a little nicer than the Mr. G bell crank but you get the concept.
NOW I get it...I was thinking the crank needed to be upright!

what a dumbass.

Thank you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
FYI, there is a similiar style scoop available with a ribbed top. I painted mine to match the engine. (hard to tell in the pic, but the tops of the ribs are still polished aluminum) I believe Summit is now carrying it also...

·
Registered
335 Posts
NOTHING could possibly look gay over intercoolers!

The picture of the linkage kit is the Weiand sidemount kit I used, and John pretty much outlined how I did it as well, :p

Ray

·
Registered
90 Posts
Could you take a pic of your ski-tow? Looks to mount near the pump? I want to install something on my boat. I must also say that building you park your boat in looks awesome!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts